12 months supply, now what?

britishboy

Reaction score
hi
I've just ordered 12 months supply of 5% minoxidil that should be here in 5 or so days, what else would you suggest getting to go with it? A friend has said try Nizoral shampoo and finasteride tablets but reading through this forum there are lots of other options i see

My hair is receding back from the front, my crown is fine and my hair quite think on top/sides/back its just my forehead keeps getting bigger :cry:
Not a lover of tablets but see a few of you use them.

Any advice or suggestions greatly appreciated
bboy

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I think you should try what has been proven...the big three

minoxidil 5%
Propecia (or finasteride)
Nizoral 2%

Yes there are many other concoctions out there but this is the best defense for fighting male pattern baldness.

What is your degree of loss?

britishboy

Reaction score
thanks mate

er, im not too sure to be honest :oops: I was trying to find the chart you guys keep referring too (2 letters then a number) and wanted to check what stage Im at, but its mainly my hairline going backwards, crown is ok and the rest of my hair is still quite thick, but my forehead keeps getting bigger which i really dont like

Strat54

Established Member
Reaction score
britishboy wrote:
er, im not too sure to be honest I was trying to find the chart you guys keep referring too (2 letters then a number) and wanted to check what stage Im at, but its mainly my hairline going backwards, crown is ok and the rest of my hair is still quite thick, but my forehead keeps getting bigger which i really dont like
It´s the Norwood scale:
norwood_scale.gif

britishboy

Reaction score
Thanks strat, Id say im a IIA, but the thinned part he has front centre i dont have, its a clear definate line round from ear to ear, if that makes sense?

I've just ordered 3 bottles of Nizoral 2% shampoo too, on a bit of a spend up i think!
How often do i wash with it? And can i use normal shampoo in between or do i not need to? At present i wash and shampoo with normal products every other day

hurricom

Reaction score
minoxidil and nizoral making hair thinner

Been using minoxidil and nizoral for almost two weeks and it really seems like my hair is getting thinneer. Is this normal?

ShedMaster

Reaction score
Re: minoxidil and nizoral making hair thinner

hurricom said:
Been using minoxidil and nizoral for almost two weeks and it really seems like my hair is getting thinneer. Is this normal?

yes, many experience an initial shed from starting minoxidil for the 1st time. Just have to wait it out and understand its gonna get worse before it gets better.

Strat54

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks strat, Id say im a IIA, but the thinned part he has front centre i dont have, its a clear definate line round from ear to ear, if that makes sense?
People have different hairlines, so yes it’s possible.

I've just ordered 3 bottles of Nizoral 2% shampoo too, on a bit of a spend up i think!
How often do i wash with it? And can i use normal shampoo in between or do i not need to? At present i wash and shampoo with normal products every other day
You should use Nizoral every 3 days. That’s 2 or 3 times a week.

You could use any other shampoo on the other days.

I use Nano shampoo, others use a thickening shampoo or a gentle one like baby shampoo.

To use less Nizoral you could pre-wash with a gentle shampoo.
I use it twice a week, and a bottle lasts for 7 months.

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
britishboy said:
hi
I've just ordered 12 months supply of 5% minoxidil that should be here in 5 or so days, what else would you suggest getting to go with it? A friend has said try Nizoral shampoo and finasteride tablets but reading through this forum there are lots of other options i see

My hair is receding back from the front, my crown is fine and my hair quite think on top/sides/back its just my forehead keeps getting bigger :cry:
Not a lover of tablets but see a few of you use them.

Any advice or suggestions greatly appreciated
bboy

You have the same problem as I do. Maybe the propecia and rogaine might help you not lose as much, but you'll never regrow hairline with that stuff, unless by a miracle exception to the rule...

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I would even add topical 5% spironolactone cream to the hairline to really add defense and promote growth. That would be real aggressive.

britishboy

Reaction score
Cheers guys

So wash my hair with Nizoral how many times a week? And do i leave it on for a certain length of time each time? I usually wash it in the shower so I'll bedoing it in there (no bath to lean over)

As for the minoxidil, what the best way to apply this? It came with small syringes

Thanks again