10 month update...help needed..pics included

ram_in_md

Reaction score
Hi all:

I am 26 years old and I have been suffering from hair loss for over two years now. I started noticing hair on my pillow and a lot of hair on the kicthen floor and realized there was a problem.

It got so bad that at one point I was losing around 150-200 hairs while I was showering and even more while combing. I finally decided to do something about it around 10 months ago when I noticed that there was noticeable thinning at my vertex. There is a W shaped thinning on my scalp. There is thinning in my temporal areas too but it is not that noticeable as I have a lot of hair surrounding it.

I started taking Propecia around 10 months ago and added Tricomin spray 2 months ago. I added Shen Min around a month ago. Propecia has definitely slowed down my hair loss. I can count only around 10-15 hairs everytime I shower (once every 2 days) and overall I am maintaining my hair. But I want to regrow the hair in my vertex area. I do not want to use something like Rogaine but I don't like Rogaine because it is very greasy and applying it twice a day is very tedious and a pain.

Is there any lotion that I can apply once a day similar to Tricomin and not worry about greasiness. Also, I would like to ideally use something that will regrow the hair in my vertex and then I would like to discontinue it without any side effects. Is that possible? If not, is there something as easy to use as Tricomin and that I can apply only once a day.

I am also including two pictures of my vertex...one from 10 months and one from last week so that I can get an objective opinion. Any advice will be highly appreciated.

Picture from October 04

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/dsrm1979/ ... pg&.src=ph

Picture from August 05

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/dsrm1979/ ... pg&.src=ph

Thanks.

Dinzy

Established Member
Reaction score
Seriously minoxidil is your best bet for regrowth. I use it and it isn't that bad where you have hair. I only get a greasy forehead and that can be wiped clean. Alternatively you could get the Xandrox stuff which is minoxidil without the ppg so it dries fast and is not "greasy" I am turned off by the price, but maybe you don't care about that.

eduardmc

Established Member
Reaction score
u really cought it early, u have so much hair, doesn't look much like hair loss. get on finasteride so u can keep what u have, and use minoxidil for regrow on that little spot.