10% Minoxidil + Dermaroller On Hairline.

Should I start to use 10% + roller?

• Yes

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters

kebab42

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey everyone.

I've got a question about reasonability to use 10%minoxidil + derma roller on a receding hairline.

I'm 21yo. My hair loss degree is somewhere between 1st and 2nd(Norwood scale). Mostly diffuse alopecia + plus a little of Androgenetic Alopecia on the hairline.
I'm using minoxidil for 1 year and 1 month(first 2 months I was using 2.5% then I started to use liquid 5%(for about 7 months) and then 5% foam for almost 4 months). Also, I started to use dermaroller 3 months ago. I've already got the first result -- lots of new roots on the hairline(if they all will continue to grown that well I might regrow all my hair to the first stage of Norwood's scale or even better). But I think they might be thin. That's why I wanted to use 10% with azelaic acid+roller. My only worry is side effects such as complete hair loss. I read somewhere that larger minoxidil concentration might have a bad affect on you hair.
Any advice would be great.
Thanks

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
I regret the day I started tinkering with minoxidil and buying the fanciest stuff, including the 15% that gave me a total shed. If I were you I would stay with 5%. There is next to no research showing that >5% is better, except for non - independent stuff.

kebab42

My Regimen
Reaction score
I regret the day I started tinkering with minoxidil and buying the fanciest stuff, including the 15% that gave me a total shed. If I were you I would stay with 5%. There is next to no research showing that >5% is better, except for non - independent stuff.
Even if I wanted to use it only on my hairline?
I forgot to mention that I'm using minoxidil once a day, 5-7 days a week. Dermaroller -- 4-6 times per week on the hairline.

Last edited:

transam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
minoxidil is certainly does dependent...being that 5% is stronger than 2% obviously, so in THEORY; 15% should be more effective than 5%.
There's no study that shows hair can't respond to anything higher than 5%, but at the same time, there's no "official" study that shows the opposite either.