1 yr report...

bilbobaggins

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been on propecia for 1yr (a little over i think) now and i would say that i am happy with the results. My crown seems to be thickening and filling in finally and i seem to have more hair than the start, definatley more than 9 months ago!

I can style my hair now and although it could still look alot better i am happier than i thought i would be with the results. i hope the results continue to improve because it has kind of been a bit up and down for the past year. I have read the posts on this forum very thoroughly and most people seem to see the best result from month 14 so fingers crossed.

I have one question...the results form the fda trials say that propecia looses it effectiveness after yr 2. Why is this? is this accurate or just the non responders bring the average down. i know it has been covered on here before but how can a drug stop working after a said amount of time?

cheers

djthomas85

Reaction score
hey bilbo, nice to hear about your success.
Can you tell us which month you began to notice improvement?

as for the graph, most people peaked with sucess at 2 years which means u should continue to improve, and shud also continue to stay above baseline over 5years, if your still not happy then you could always throw in some growth stimulants.

Pondle

Reaction score
bilbobaggins said:
I have one question...the results form the fda trials say that propecia looses it effectiveness after yr 2. Why is this? is this accurate or just the non responders bring the average down. i know it has been covered on here before but how can a drug stop working after a said amount of time?cheers

The non-responders drag down the average. Propecia never 'stops' working but can be overwhelmed by extreme androgen sensitivity.

bilbobaggins

Established Member
Reaction score
hi dave,

i would say that the first year is a bit of a rollercoaster ride and that my hair was bad 6 months into it. I thought that it would never get any better but at 9 months things started to improve. i grew my hair out and could spike and style it like i used to. My crown thinning only improved slightly but the overall thickness meant that it was easier to style.

Then, at month 10-11 i had a shed again and i was convinced that the treatment was not working but ever since it has gradually picked up and is looking ok at the moment. Hopefully, fingers crossed, things will continue to improve but i guess its just a waiting game.

My advice is hang in there pal. These forums have really helped because they give you an insight into what to expect...even if you are a good responder. If i hadn't visited this sight i would most likely have sacked it after 6 months but thanks to the guys on here i new i would experience sheds and have to experience some pretty worrying times if i was ever to see improvement.

All the best ace.