1 year on finasteride - SHED

perceptions

Reaction score
i am shedding really bad on the front and top as i complete 1 year on finasteride.
I can see a lot of scalp showing through on close observation....I am fearing the worst..

Is this normal ?

Will that see through region of the scalp be covered again with hair ?
I read somewhere october/november / autumn season is the worst for shedding...

Anyone gone through this ?

sidsidewinder

Reaction score
DUDE

dude
heres what u have to do:
cut ur hair very very short like brad pitt un mr and mrs smith
use monoxidil (regaine) 5% (this will make ur hair to grow, finasteride only removes dht from ur folicules i think )
take 1mg of propecia per day
use folicure shampoo
only bath 1 time per day
stop thinking about ur hair (mind is very powerful im serious if u think u r shadding too much u will if youy think u r gettin better u will

at the begginig i was shedding a lot i was so scared, i thought i was going bold then my hair just got better and better. Hang in there and do what i just wrote. HANG IN THERE BRO

Skaff

Established Member
Reaction score
perceptions said:
i am shedding really bad on the front and top as i complete 1 year on finasteride.
I can see a lot of scalp showing through on close observation....I am fearing the worst..

Is this normal ?

Will that see through region of the scalp be covered again with hair ?
I read somewhere october/november / autumn season is the worst for shedding...

Anyone gone through this ?

If you've been shedding constantly since starting finasteride then there may be a problem. But if you've just started to shed it's no biggie. After the intial shed, people tend to shed at random stages throughout the treatment. I'd stick it out.

As far as what sidewinder said...taking 1mg of propecia is about all that I'd do. Bathing only once a day is good for saving water but that's about it.

hans

Established Member
Reaction score
Not quite at the 1 yr mark for me (10 months actually), but I am definitely going thru some wicked shedding. Dunno what to make of it, but the idea that its seasonal and temporary is a good one.

Never1

Reaction score
hans said:
Not quite at the 1 yr mark for me (10 months actually), but I am definitely going thru some wicked shedding. Dunno what to make of it, but the idea that its seasonal and temporary is a good one.

I'm going on month 10 of using finasteride and minoxidil and I've been shedding like crazy for the past month. My hair was looking great for quite some time and now it looks horrible.

but, here's the way i see it:

All the hairs that the finasteride/minoxidil kickstarted pretty much all began growing again at the same time. As they go through their cycle, they need to shed so that a new hair can grow. The gaps between these sheds will become bigger as time goes on and the new hairs grow back thicker and thicker.

So in a month or two, I'm expecting most of these falling hairs to start growing again and they will stay growing for a longer period of time before i go through another shed.

It sucks, but I'm gonna ride it out.

Upon examining the hairs up close, the tips are thin and the roots are pretty thick, so that is a real good sign.

just my 2 cents on this whole shedding business.

G

imagine all your hairs are fish swimming in a pool filled with toxic waste. the toxic waste is dht. the fish die.

you take finasteride which clears out almost all of the toxic waste. new fish can be born and thrive again, but first the old fish have to die to make room for the new ones.

sorry if this makes no sense- but i am high right now.

here's all you have to remember- fish=toxic waste. dht=water

er no.

fish=hairs, dht=toxic waste. finasteride removes toxic waste from around and in your follicles so the fish can be re-born and come back healthier.

you see? just wait for the fish. then you can have a fish fry.

perceptions

Reaction score
And the shedding continues.....

Washed my hair with Nizoral 1% last night... Was slighly rough on sides to get any daindruff off and very mild on top.... after the shower i could see about 80 (literally) hair on the bath tub... Add the 20 I might have missed and thats a 100 ! all shapes and sizes of hair i could see .. maybe i jst need to cut it short now.. so i dont have to go through the agony....it was just heart wrenching !

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
cocaine is a hell of a drug
certinly is
quite a metaphore you got there :lol:

p.s.
im rick james b**ch

G

what metaphor?

and what's up with bumping old threads? you little b**ch :roll:

shh5455

Established Member
Reaction score
I am also at about 10 months and having a shed. It's not ridiculously bad, but it's definitely noticeble. Most of the hairs seem to be thin, so that's good. I get a few thick hairs, but those could just be normal loss. Been shedding for probably 3 weeks now. I hope it'll stop soon, but I was expecting this shed, so I'm not too worried.

Lorenzo_91

Established Member
Reaction score
I am at the 15 month mark and I like when I get a shed. I think I just went through a mini shed. The reasoning is because this is the stage when I am elevating my baseline. Up to year two, plus or minus probably.

I just started to notice new regrowth on temples. I think what made a bit of a growth spur possible at 12 months was taking Propecia in the mornings. before I even wake up. I am spiking the temples with Tricomin and hopefully that does it. But probably not as much as I want.