1 Year On Anti-dht/minoxidil (i'm Unlucky)...

helloimhere

My Regimen
Reaction score
I made a thread just before I turned 19 years old (I'm almost 20 now) which can be found here:
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/18-years-old-and-suffering-because-of-my-hair.103670/
My routine since then has been Finasteride (1mg ED) for ~9 months and since then I've been on Dutasteride (0.5mg EOD), with both of these I have been taking 2ml of Minoxidil every day at night (though I have skipped the occasional day).
Throughout the year I have tried some other medications such as Bicalutamide and Spironolactone but didn't take these for long enough to see any changes and I stopped taking due to adverse side effects.
The pictures were all taken with myself stood underneath a light with my hair dripping wet. You can find them below with the dates as the file names.
Yes I know my hair is awful, but I'm only posting this so people who are in a similar position to me (god help them) can get an idea of what to expect on these drugs.

Attachments

• Feb_2017_front.jpg
    Feb_2017_front.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 794
  • Feb_2018_back.jpg
    Feb_2018_back.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 781
  • Feb_2018_front.jpg
    Feb_2018_front.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 859

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It looks improved to me. Any sides from taking finasteride and dutasteride together? What is ur family history like?

helloimhere

My Regimen
Reaction score
It looks improved to me. Any sides from taking finasteride and dutasteride together? What is ur family history like?
No sides from finasteride or dutasteride. My family history doesn't line up with what I have... my brother has no thinning at all, and my dad started balding but in his 40s. My uncles on my dads side do have some balding but that all happened when they were much older than I am.

Bagels

Established Member
Reaction score
You took bicalutamide topical or oral? What kind of sides did you get? Did it at least help your hair?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you have dry pics? hair wet always looks a million times worse than when dry. Didn't realise this this thread was so old, why the bump, it's highly unlikely he will get back to you.

Last edited: