1 Month Post Op Strip Scar Question (see pics)

srod

Reaction score
I'm one month out from my surgery with Dr. Keene and in the dormant stages of my growth. I am fairly happy with everything except the visibility of my strip scar. I was sure that I would be able to hide it with a my hair grown out a bit but that isn't the case. I am having to hide it with concealing which I'm sure isn't best for my healing.

What I noticed is that its not so much the scar but there seems to be a wide space around the scar that has no hair.

Here are some pics and my questions are as follows:
1) Does this look normal for someone 1 month out? I recognize we are all different but just curious about others experience here.

2) What can I do to help the healing process? I have been putting on neosporen almost daily but not sure if that is good or bad.

3) About how long does it take for hair to grow out around the scar?

Thanks everyone for your input there. See my pics.

Steve

Attachments

• Scar pic 1.jpeg
    Scar pic 1.jpeg
    102.9 KB · Views: 1,351
  • Normal w no concealer.jpeg
    Normal w no concealer.jpeg
    106.6 KB · Views: 1,342
  • Scar pic 3.jpeg
    Scar pic 3.jpeg
    101.5 KB · Views: 1,257
  • Normal w no concealer 3.jpeg
    Normal w no concealer 3.jpeg
    96.3 KB · Views: 1,431

Anthony83

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks Carl. Yeah I am on Day 13...and the scar actually looks really good and thin, but really red. I look goofy because the sides and back of my head are at around a 5 grade, and the top of my head is buzzed. I have 2 more weeks off works and am on MSM, hoping and praying to get enough regrowth and not shedding in order to use toppik before I start back at the office. We shall see.

R

ravsharan

Wait for 2 weeks the hair will grow and blend the area with rest of the head hair