1 3/4 year update

cmudave

Established Member
Reaction score
I started the big three in April of 06 so its been almost 2 years since I have started treatment. The after pics aren't a very fair comparison because i applied toppik at the crown and my hair is a lot longer now. The results of the big three kind of went in an opposite direction of what I had expected. I figured the crown would thicken up quite a bit and the diffusing in the middle would be maintained at best by the finasteride. I found the results were just about the opposite of what I had expected; the crown has maintained (maybe a little thickening) and the areas where I was diffusing has thickened up a lot. Overall I am pleased with the results.

Like I said before, the after pics can be a little misleading but I wanted to show how much of a difference a little toppik, growing the hair out and the big three combined can make a huge difference.

Here are my before pics.

crown with and without flash:

crownnoflash.jpg

crownwithflash.jpg

front with and without flash:

frontnoflash.jpg

frontwithflash.jpg

After pics:

Front View:

front.jpg

Side View:

side.jpg

Crown:

top.jpg

Hopefully I can ride this out for a few more years till better treatments come along.

To all those who have the same pattern as I did...I highly recommend the riding out the big three, growing the hair out longer and using concealers.

Lemme know what ya think.

Gboy2k8

Established Member
Reaction score
overall fuckin great,
though I'd like to see it without the toppik.

eXVee

Established Member
Reaction score
Looking good. I hopr finasteride will allow me to grow out my hair again too.

Axl_Rose

Established Member
Reaction score
Great results man, hope they keep coming, did you go through many sheds?

cmudave

Established Member
Reaction score
Axl_Rose said:
Great results man, hope they keep coming, did you go through many sheds?

I went through quite a few sheds...there were times where I was frustrated and felt like i was losing a lot of ground and there were points where my hair looked almost worse than before I started treatment.

Axl_Rose

Established Member
Reaction score
cmudave said:
I went through quite a few sheds...there were times where I was frustrated and felt like i was losing a lot of ground and there were points where my hair looked almost worse than before I started treatment.

Yeah that's about where I'm at with my treatment atm with my hair looking slightly worse but I'm optimistic about it and success stories like these help a lot. Congrats once again on your results.

hhj1247

Established Member
Reaction score
Great results man! Thanks for sharing. Definately worthy of a "Heros of Hairloss" nom.

Da Bears

Reaction score
Keep up the good work bud! I would love to see a pic w/o the toppik to see how much the crown has improved. Your new hair style suits you well, thanks for the update! :punk: