1-2 Month Saw Palmetto progress/downgress (With pic)

The-Johnny

Reaction score
Kind of funny... I started Saw Palmetto in the third week of february. After only one week I noticed a slight reduction in libido, and approx. 20% reduction in the amount of hair I was loosing each time I applied Minoxidil and showered (I take minoxidil 2% twice a day, been taking it since I was 24 years old, I am 28 now). Then after a few weeks I noticed that my hair got thinner and thinner, but didnt think about that much and thought it was in my head only. But when I just compared some pictures, the difference was noticeable! See for your self.

Is that an illusion or what? Coud Saw Palmetto really make the hair that thin so fast? And if so, isn't Saw Palmetto affecting the hair in one way and another? Or is it just a coincidence that my hair got thinner while using Saw Palmetto.

What the F.jpg

This picture was taken few days ago, a few minutes apart. One is combed, another one is not. I look less bald in the combed one, could it be that i just "look" more bald in the above picture (uncombed)?
What the F3.jpg

lickawrist

Established Member
Reaction score
My honest opinion: your crown has thinned. Idk if SP has slowed its progression, but you're best chance at mitigating any further loss is to jump on 5% minoxidil and finasteride. In your case, SP will only lengthen the time it takes for hairs to thin, it won't stop it. When I was taking SP, it decreased my shedding, but with finasteride shedding was minimal to none.

alscarmuzza

Established Member
Reaction score
In that time frame it is possible that you are just having a shed. What dose if SP? Also, curious if it's standardized.

The-Johnny

Reaction score
My honest opinion: your crown has thinned. Idk if SP has slowed its progression, but you're best chance at mitigating any further loss is to jump on 5% minoxidil and finasteride. In your case, SP will only lengthen the time it takes for hairs to thin, it won't stop it. When I was taking SP, it decreased my shedding, but with finasteride shedding was minimal to none.

But for me, It's seems to be the opposite with Saw Palmetto. I got thinner hair taking Saw Palmetto because my hair wasnt that thin 2 months ago when I was not taking it. The thing is that I read so much that Saw Palmetto do not affect the hair what so ever, but apparently it did to me.

- - - Updated - - -

In that time frame it is possible that you are just having a shed. What dose if SP? Also, curious if it's standardized.

Im taking this one - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00020IEWE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And I totally forgot to add something, I also took Pygeum - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00N5YUU2Q/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

lickawrist

Established Member
Reaction score
But for me, It's seems to be the opposite with Saw Palmetto. I got thinner hair taking Saw Palmetto because my hair wasnt that thin 2 months ago when I was not taking it. The thing is that I read so much that Saw Palmetto do not affect the hair what so ever, but apparently it did to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Im taking this one - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00020IEWE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And I totally forgot to add something, I also took Pygeum - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00N5YUU2Q/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
You say you got thinner hair on SP, but how are you certain that your hair would've thinned without anyways? I've taken SP before and, if anything, it decreased my shed.

The-Johnny

Reaction score
You say you got thinner hair on SP, but how are you certain that your hair would've thinned without anyways? I've taken SP before and, if anything, it decreased my shed.

Not really sure, could be coincidence that my hair got more thin while taking Saw Palmetto.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Saw Palmetto is likely, imo, a weak inhibitor of male pattern baldness. I wish there were rigorous studies on the issue.