1/2 mg propecia?

oneill

Reaction score
hey,
is anyone out there taking .5 mg of propecia or finast a day? i was going to try it cause of problems with sides effects, but i would also like it to work on some level. i know that 1 mg is recommended but would .5 mg help hairloss any or is it a waste of time and money? could it work poorly and perhaps even cause a shed but not regrowth?

advice, opinions welcome!
thanks

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
As little as 0.2mg/day can make a significant impact on male pattern baldness. Still, the more you take, the better chance you have of actually stopping your loss.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
flux said:
As little as 0.2mg/day can make a significant impact on male pattern baldness. Still, the more you take, the better chance you have of actually stopping your loss.

I agree, but not more then 1.25mg, where as the effects of blocking dht are not significantly increased.

justasking

Established Member
Reaction score
Using a half

I'm using a .5 dose of finasteride (cipla) and getting results. I started with .25 for a few weeks, as I didn't want to shock those little buggers and make 'em fall out, like they like to do in waves every couple of weeks. I seem to have a really fast fallout/regrowth cycle. I also use minoxidil once or twice a day and Tricomin every night and take Chrysin for gyno prevention. I'm off the laser comb for a while in case it was causing me to cycle into shed cycles, but it's worked really well for me for several years so I'll probably start on it again after I've made some more progress with the finasty. I'm still shedding and growing, so things haven't stabilized yet, but it's only been about two months. I was using saw palmetto for a few months before that but the sheds and regrowth were both pretty extreme and the side effects were much worse.

Hope that helps.