0.08 Thin skin white base visible in the front

kdno1

Reaction score
Hello All,

got 0.08 UTS system attached today, it is a stock unit and it appears the volume of hair is very low at the front and the base is clearly visible, any insights how to get rid of it?

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello All,

got 0.08 UTS system attached today, it is a stock unit and it appears the volume of hair is very low at the front and the base is clearly visible, any insights how to get rid of it?
In my opinion, .08 is not usable with an exposed hairline. You should be using a .03

Rijad

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am using 0.08 poly system. The piece is durable, but not a lot about natural looking....

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
0.08 is an STS, not at UTS.

It is possible that the hairline was not trimmed back far enough, how far back is it like this? If you have some extra room, you could trim a couple of mm from the front, and move the system forward a bit.

kdno1

Reaction score
0.08 is an STS, not at UTS.

It is possible that the hairline was not trimmed back far enough, how far back is it like this? If you have some extra room, you could trim a couple of mm from the front, and move the system forward a bit.
what is STS? I am planning on trimming the extra base in the front

BaldAndBalder

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
poly is not good for exposed hairline no matter how thin it is.
the v loop and how the hair are disposed doesn't look natural. Looks like a doll hair

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
the v loop and how the hair are disposed doesn't look natural. Looks like a doll hair
I have to disagree, for myself at least. I can see how it's a problem with darker colors. However blonde #20 hairline is invisible

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Your comment might be correct if the wearer doesn't design their system well. The first couple of systems I wore had awful hairlines, but then I researched and learned how to improve it.

Look at my photos in my previous posts. I wear a 0.03 UTS.