Recent content by baba_yaga

  1. baba_yaga

    Let The Journey Begin (long Term Documentation)

    you can easily replenish vitamins with supplements. I wouldnt consider this as a problem.
  2. baba_yaga

    Let The Journey Begin (long Term Documentation)

    True. I took a photo of my wet hair in the same exact conditions, but my hair was longer and it looked much better than the most recent one posted here. Currently, I am keeping my hair in the same length overall, same hair cut style. Will be able to compare better now. In My old photos in this...
  3. baba_yaga

    Let The Journey Begin (long Term Documentation)

    Agree. We need both reduce androgens T and DHT, and increase estrogen to get any significant hair regrowth or at least permanent halting of hair loss. I will have my spironolactone and estradiol gel on standby in case hair goes downhill on duta. Is there a difference between E1 and E2 for hair...
  4. baba_yaga

    Let The Journey Begin (long Term Documentation)

    I did not look it up in detail yet, but I read gel estradiol does not raise the risk of venous thromboembolism, unlike oral estradiol. It also does not raise SHBG, unlike oral. Gel estradiol is lower in terms of potency, as it does not raise SHBG and therefore does not reduce free testosterone...
  5. baba_yaga

    Let The Journey Begin (long Term Documentation)

    I think you are right. Starting to believe it is better to take low dose anti-androgens alongside low dose estrogen instead of simply high dose anti-androgens. I have read many threads where people get significant results only when adding estrogen to their AAs. Currently the plan is: give...
  6. baba_yaga

    Let The Journey Begin (long Term Documentation)

    how long have you been on 1 mg oral estradiol? You are also taking estradiol gel as well? No feminizing symptoms? What about concerns of permanent infertility on estrogen? I am trying to figure out whether I take higher dose oral spironolactone and duta, or lower dose oral spironolactone and low dose estrogen...
  7. baba_yaga

    Let The Journey Begin (long Term Documentation)

    You're just taking now estradiol? Are you maintaining? I dont know why you are so against 5ARIs. They increase T which would then increase E as well, helping you increase the E levels in your system. And at the same time inhibit DHT.
  8. baba_yaga

    Let The Journey Begin (long Term Documentation)

    @Yar I have a question. Would you say 1 mg estradiol + 25-50mg (low dose) spironolactone (+dutasteride) would be better than spironolactone 100-200 mg + duta? For maintenance, I dont need regrowth.
  9. baba_yaga

    MODERATE DIFFUSE THINNING: Am I a candidate for hair transplant?

    As Yar said, you need higher levels of estrogen in your blood. In addition you need systemic anti-androgens. In other words, low potency HRT may give you regrowth, other than that you hair transplant. No other interventions give you a high chance of regrowth.
  10. baba_yaga

    0,5g dutasteride + 2,5g Oral Minoxidil

    i dont know about topical spironolactone. But increasing duta dosage makes it more likely that you dont have DHT in your follicles.
  11. baba_yaga

    0,5g dutasteride + 2,5g Oral Minoxidil

    2.5 works better for scalp by inhibiting more scalp DHT. Oral are always infinitely better for hair results compared to topicals, but the latter do help however it is marginal at best. If you are serious about hair loss, you must go oral and push through the sides if any come up.
  12. baba_yaga

    MODERATE DIFFUSE THINNING: Am I a candidate for hair transplant?

    you can increase oral min to 5mg daily, increase duta to 2.5 mg daily. May get some regrowth, but unlikely.
  13. baba_yaga

    0,5g dutasteride + 2,5g Oral Minoxidil

    More plates more dates (on youtube) took TRT and 0.5 mg dutasteride and still lost hair until he stopped TRT and kept dutasteride. 0.5 mg dutasteride inhibits 50% of scalp DHT compared to 80% on 2.5mg. Balding may still progress depending on how sensitive you are to DHT/taking high dose TRT...
  14. baba_yaga

    Let The Journey Begin (long Term Documentation)

    Estrogen improves hair growth/anagen phase duration, but androgens shorten the phase and lead to miniaturization. Both are important, not just estrogen. You can have the highest E concentration in your follicles but with enough DHT, you will still thin. Any side effects on spironolactone?
  15. baba_yaga

    Let The Journey Begin (long Term Documentation)

    I plan to give 2.5 mg duta the time it needs. In case I notice significant rapid hair loss, I will add oral spironolactone at low dose. Maybe i would not have to escalate to spironolactone, I am afraid of AR up-regulation when taking spironolactone for a long time. What is your experience on a low dose spironolactone? I have...
Top