Turkey clinics. How to balance out cost and quality

jimlad

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone

I’ve been wearing a hair system for 5 years and it’s getting to be a bit of a drag. I’m a Nw4 and I’m planning on getting a combination SMP and hair transplant. The SMP is largely for the look of greater density, although it’s also to ease with the transition from systems as I will have to go from the look of very thick hair to very thin, post-transplant hair, so the ink would at least bolster that.

Looking for general advice, but I’m mostly interested in people’s opinions on Turkish clinics. I don’t have a massive budget, but I’ve already come to terms with the idea that the cheapest places (some offering ridiculously low prices) are just too big a gamble.

Which places, do you think, strike the best balance between cost and quality? Ok

BelfastBilly

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bicer, Turan, Gur, Sahinoglu
Prices in Turkey are rising (exchange rate and significant increase in cost of living in Turkey), and there are many hair Mills who will give you cheap mediocre results that some are happy enough with. If you want a good hair transplant for OK money then guys like Turan and Gur are a good bet. A few years ago you could get a hair transplant all in for £2.5k, but now the hotel is not included and the flights are increasingly expensive. Budget £5-6k all in for a NW4 hair transplant (assuming 5000+ grafts).

I suspect that there will be a pivot point in the next 2 years where more people stay in the UK as the cost saving isn't worth he hassle of the travelling and recovery in a foreign country.

My advice is to do your homework and read many experiences for each doctor you consider. Someone once posted that you will not really remember how much a good hair transplant cost you, but you will never forget the price of a bad one! A good mantra to have and better spending an extra £1-2k on a better clinic to avoid being a horror story (I heard recently that at one clinic, the technician did the hair transplants on a few patients as the surgeon was off ill and they didn't want to cancel the surgeries).

I have assumed you are UK based.

Cheers

BILL