Stemson is going to use minipigs in the next stage of their hair cloning research

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
People would rather complain because it isn't right around the corner. There really isn't another company even close to what Stemson is doing. I do think Stemson will be the one's to crack this "cure", BUT, I don't think we'll really have access to this before 7-10 years from now. Seems that they are at least 1-3 years from even entering trials, followed by a couple years of trialing plus roll out to actually offer the procedure in large cities.

I think that this is a great backup plan, but in all honestly I think that a pharmacologic cure will likely be here sooner that can at least get bald guys their dignity back (ie reverse NW7-6-5 into a dense NW3/2). If HMI-115 translates to humans like it did on the macaques, it would essentially be this type of reversal. Otherwise, something specifically in the WNT pathway space will be developed this decade. There is too much money and man power going into that field for it to not trickle into hairloss, which is essentially incorrect WNT signalling.
When is HMI going do start clinical trials? Is there any estimation for that?

surfer9

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So does HMI have a strong chance of succeeding based on findings so far? shows good safety and makes Maccacks hairy again.

Can I find this potion and try it myself?

Johnson40

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So does HMI have a strong chance of succeeding based on findings so far? shows good safety and makes Maccacks hairy again.

Can I find this potion and try it myself?
Yes.

No, unless you're a multi millionaire with connections.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
The Phase 1 trial - is this a safety trial only?....was hair regrowth spoken about or any photographs shown? All I can find is articles saying Phase 1 trial showed positive safety results.
Why would they have photographs for a safety trial?

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As far as I know this trial was done on women only and it was not related to hair loss at all

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice find, lots of interesting info there.

I like the fact that Stemson is already working on solving the scaling problems now and has a CTO dedicated to that area, instead of holding that for later in the game and potentially delaying everything even more. Scale means lower cost of production, expanded supply (more reach) and ultimately cheaper prices.

Also, interesting that they basically want to create a "plug and play" solution for hair transplant doctors. As we suspected here, the Stemson treatment for the end user will basically be a hair transplant with unlimited donor supply (without needing to touch any donor area of course).

Their current product concept is a cryopreserved plate with a row of lab-grown hairs on it, which can sit on a surgical tool station. This means the hair follicles are ready to be picked up and transplanted to a pre-determined location on a patient’s head.

So cool

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice find, lots of interesting info there.

I like the fact that Stemson is already working on solving the scaling problems now and has a CTO dedicated to that area, instead of holding that for later in the game and potentially delaying everything even more. Scale means lower cost of production, expanded supply (more reach) and ultimately cheaper prices.

Also, interesting that they basically want to create a "plug and play" solution for hair transplant doctors. As we suspected here, the Stemson treatment for the end user will basically be a hair transplant with unlimited donor supply (without needing to touch any donor area of course).

So cool
weren't they supposed to use a robot to transplant hair follicles?

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
weren't they supposed to use a robot to transplant hair follicles?
No, this was an misunderstanding of some people here. When they mention automation they are referring to the process of the creation of the follicles, not the implantation of them

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, this was an misunderstanding of some people here. When they mention automation they are referring to the process of the creation of the follicles, not the implantation of them
"

Stemson Therapeutics is developing a novel cure for hair loss using iPS-derived cells to generate de novo hair follicles. The company integrates cell and tissue engineering technology with biomaterial engineering and robotic transplantation to deliver an unlimited supply of new hair follicles to patients in need."

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"

Stemson Therapeutics is developing a novel cure for hair loss using iPS-derived cells to generate de novo hair follicles. The company integrates cell and tissue engineering technology with biomaterial engineering and robotic transplantation to deliver an unlimited supply of new hair follicles to patients in need."
Where is this from?