Stemson is going to use minipigs in the next stage of their hair cloning research

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
If a hair follicle starts to miniturize at 30 and complete dies at 35, it took 15-20 years of prime testosterone / dht production to do so. If that follicle would start completely over at 35, the hormone levels from that age till 50-55 would not be the same and therefore, logically would not achieve the same effect. From that point on, the process would be slower and slower and I doubt whether the hair will even fall out eventually.

It is another thing if you were bald by age 20. Then the pattern is so strong that you likely would have to do the procedure over and over.
If that would be the case, baldness wouldn't exist. The hair follicle gets over time more sensitive due to genetic predisposition. It's like -> aging. The genetic × hormone combo plays a big role.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's what I'm saying, but what percentage of people who lose their hair lose it at 20~? Maybe 5-10% tops? Actually bald at 19-22? Under 5% for sure.

Anyways, I still don't think it matters. If this literal revolutionary technology works in humans, the last thing people are going to be concerned about is if they need to replicate the process unless that also comes with significant costs. People are just going to be happy that a solution exists if they want one.

The more the process needs to be repeated, the cheaper it will have to be each time anyways.
I'm probably in the lower 1%'s yikes! XD

Keratinpro

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You apply?
I already applied and got accepted. I might be taking your boy buzzlighter with me, you two might want to talk it out
1622588281113.gif

Super Metroid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If that would be the case, baldness wouldn't exist. The hair follicle gets over time more sensitive due to genetic predisposition. It's like -> aging. The genetic × hormone combo plays a big role.
This applies to the situation where you clone existing follicles, and place them on your head at a later age.

Super Metroid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's what I'm saying, but what percentage of people who lose their hair lose it at 20~? Maybe 5-10% tops? Actually bald at 19-22? Under 5% for sure.

Anyways, I still don't think it matters. If this literal revolutionary technology works in humans, the last thing people are going to be concerned about is if they need to replicate the process unless that also comes with significant costs. People are just going to be happy that a solution exists if they want one.

The more the process needs to be repeated, the cheaper it will have to be each time anyways.

I notice that we tend to overestimate peoples' financial situations. Everybody agrees that the price Tsuji wanted to ask was way too high, but to then point towards the ~$50k price tag of Stemson as "being available to the common man" is way too optimistic. Most people live paycheck to paycheck and would be willing and able to pay such amounts only for necessities, such as a car or house, or investments. This treatment is neither.

Most of the people who could afford it, will likely only be able to pay for the procedure once. So if results aren't guaranteed for a lifetime, that should make you rethink the decision to undergo this procedure.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
I like this positive and hopeful interpretation of their listings.

Yeah I just want there to be a cure first before I start worrying about things like price, durability, etc. Doesn't matter if it's via drugs or hair cloning, and whether it's inconvenient or expensive.
Losing hair is a lot less stressful once you know there is a way to get it back. I actually don't think it would be very stressful at all anymore if you knew you could get this procedure at anytime.
I notice that we tend to overestimate peoples' financial situations. Everybody agrees that the price Tsuji wanted to ask was way too high, but to then point towards the ~$50k price tag of Stemson as "being available to the common man" is way too optimistic. Most people live paycheck to paycheck and would be willing and able to pay such amounts only for necessities, such as a car or house, or investments. This treatment is neither.

Most of the people who could afford it, will likely only be able to pay for the procedure once. So if results aren't guaranteed for a lifetime, that should make you rethink the decision to undergo this procedure.
I don't think anyone assumes that the common person could afford 50k out of pocket, but it's something that is achievable to a working professional with saving/financing.

Chads don't bald

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why is everyone saying the cloned follicles will be susceptible to DHT?

I thought the whole point was to clone follicles that are not susceptible to DHT (such as the ones on the back of your head), so it is more like an unlimited hair transplant. Or am I misunderstanding the technique?

Keratinpro

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

I thought the whole point was to clone follicles that are not susceptible to DHT (such as the ones on the back of your head), so it is more like an unlimited hair transplant. Or am I misunderstanding the technique?
There hasn’t been information released on whether the follicles will be or will not be resist to DHT. You might be thinking of Tsuji’s/Yokohoma method?

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If a hair follicle starts to miniturize at 30 and complete dies at 35, it took 15-20 years of prime testosterone / dht production to do so. If that follicle would start completely over at 35, the hormone levels from that age till 50-55 would not be the same and therefore, logically would not achieve the same effect. From that point on, the process would be slower and slower and I doubt whether the hair will even fall out eventually.

It is another thing if you were bald by age 20. Then the pattern is so strong that you likely would have to do the procedure over and over.
The problem is that you assume that stemson will replicate the high quality folicele that created when your born. I doubt that. But i agree it should take a while for the hair to go. I dont think its a problem as long as you can repeat the process

Marcaronii

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone seen replicel's news letter? What do you think they'll do now that they have their dermal injector ready?

Keratinpro

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The problem is that you assume that stemson will replicate the high quality folicele that created when your born. I doubt that. But i agree it should take a while for the hair to go. I dont think its a problem as long as you can repeat the process
But aren’t the hair follicles being derived from neural crest? Won’t that mean the follicles would be relatively similar to ones you were born with?

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Beacuse stemson dont take the cells from donor zone , just a blood sample, which make the hair probbly not dht restitent

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But aren’t the hair follicles being derived from neural crest? Won’t that mean the follicles would be relatively similar to ones you were born with?
I look at the hairs that comes out from the mouse...
They look very weird and frizzy . Not human like hair. (And those hair were from human).

Keratinpro

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I look at the hairs that comes out from the mouse...
They look very weird and frizzy . Not human like hair. (And those hair were from human).
You’re partially correct my man. Hair growth in nude mice transplanted with human iPSC-derived dermal papilla cells that were combined with mouse epithelial cells inside a biodegradable scaffold. The epithelial was that of mice. Also Alexey was saying that the biological part of his procedure was solved, he was now looking into how to create robust hair with the technology. “Terskikh studies a type of cell called dermal papilla. Residing inside the hair follicle, these cells control hair growth, including hair thickness, length and growth cycle.”

Last edited:

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You’re partially correct my man. Hair growth in nude mice transplanted with human iPSC-derived dermal papilla cells that were combined with mouse epithelial cells inside a biodegradable scaffold. The epithelial was that of mice. Also Alexey was saying that the biological part of his procedure was solved, he was now looking into how to create robust hair with the technology. “Terskikh studies a type of cell called dermal papilla. Residing inside the hair follicle, these cells control hair growth, including hair thickness, length and growth cycle.”
Just to be clear i wont mind to have this friizzy hair . I would just buzzcut and look good even with that . So in the worse case its still good

Last edited:

Keratinpro

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just to be clear i wont mind to have this friizzy hair . I would just buzzcut and look good even with that . So in the worth case its still good
Fair enough, but from what I understand you can control the hair length, thickness and growth cycles according to how much dermal papilla you want packed. So it’s up to you really.

eeyore

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah that was just a proof of concept. They're not going to be able to sell their product if the final thing looks like transplanted pubes.