My Hair Transplants Story - Going From Nw6 To Nw2 (i Guess)

Rawtashk

Reaction score
So you beat the system. Would like to see hair once it really grows out. It's easy to look good with a buzz cut. Where did you get all the money? Jealous!

I doubt it would look good grown out. You would be able to tell that it was pretty thin. But, it works AWESOME as a short cut! It would take a professional hair transplant spotter to see anything there.

Not as good as your original hair, but a HELL of a lot better than being bald! Good job, man, good job :)

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
^It probably look a lot like mine and I've lost nearly half of my hair density. I keep my head shaved now but I know if I grew it out and used gel, most ppl wouldn't think I'm balding. You should gow it for awhile Free, just to see how it looks.

Free

Established Member
Reaction score
You are 80% right on this comment; it doesn’t look so nice when they grown longer than 5 cm. I have grown them about 4-5 cm long and there weren’t as good as they look in 1-2 cm (not bad though). However, the reason why I have them that short is not because they look “worstâ€￾ when they are longer, is because I like them like that. I have almost curly hairs and when they grow more than 3-4 cm long start to “mess aroundâ€￾ :hairy:

Free

Established Member
Reaction score
3 months: a 40% of hairs remained and grew normally, while the last 10 days I see (I see and touch) small hairs popping up throughout the part of my head’s last hair transplant. 1.jpgP1160195.jpgP1160198.jpgP1160202.jpgP1160208.jpg

Free

Established Member
Reaction score
Fourth month, happier than ever .... I still have some gaps in the crown and hope to be filled in the coming months, if not filled adequately I am considering a small SMP session in order to look 18 year old again hahahahaha...
front back 4th month.jpg

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
your hair looks very good, sir! Good job!!

Free

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks talmoode

Free

Established Member
Reaction score
thanx Mr White

Vinton Harper

Established Member
Reaction score
That does look like great transplant work, Free.
Those pics of your beard donor area make me cringe though. :crazy: Was that painful taking them from your face and neck? Man, sometimes I have trouble even shaving. ;)

Free

Established Member
Reaction score
No it wasn't painful at all. Actually, it seems (both times) that the beard area is healling faster than the head donor area, strange but true (for me at least). However, the initial anaisthesia in the beard area is somewhat more painful than that on the head, but it's just last for a second...

Free

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanx Jojje, yes it was quite a ride, which took me almost 4+ years and a lot of money, but it was worth all of them and more....

Deadman1

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't get it. You keep, kept your hair so short, it didn't make any difference if you were bald or not. It looks the same. Why would anyone go to all the trouble and expense and then keep their head shaved?

Krispin

Banned
Reaction score
Excellent look, Free. Never mind the naysayers- you've categorically banished the bald look.

I'm looking into getting a hair transplant myself soon (I'm still a bit too young I think- 28), and so far I've mostly been considering FUT. Were all of your operations FUEs? You mentioned that no scarring remained where your beard hair was extracted- what about your scalp donor area and chest donor area? Is there scarring or is it extremely minor and unnoticeable? I am a NW5 with about average donor and am wondering now if I should be considering FUE- my beard is similar to yours, perhaps a bit less thick, and I think I have a more average-sized head (somewhat bigger), maybe a bit above average. In your estimation, do you believe a beard+scalp donor is also an option I should consider, or given my larger head, lower beard density, and slightly lower Norwood scale, FUT should still be my primary choice? Thanks btw for sharing your story with us!

Free

Established Member
Reaction score
Excellent look, Free. Never mind the naysayers- you've categorically banished the bald look.

I'm looking into getting a hair transplant myself soon (I'm still a bit too young I think- 28), and so far I've mostly been considering FUT. Were all of your operations FUEs? You mentioned that no scarring remained where your beard hair was extracted- what about your scalp donor area and chest donor area? Is there scarring or is it extremely minor and unnoticeable? I am a NW5 with about average donor and am wondering now if I should be considering FUE- my beard is similar to yours, perhaps a bit less thick, and I think I have a more average-sized head (somewhat bigger), maybe a bit above average. In your estimation, do you believe a beard+scalp donor is also an option I should consider, or given my larger head, lower beard density, and slightly lower Norwood scale, FUT should still be my primary choice? Thanks btw for sharing your story with us!

Hi, my first hair transplant, back in 2006, left me same small scars (white dots) because of the tools which were 1,1-1,2 mm in diameter, all the rest from 2010 onwards (with tools 0,95-0,7mm) didn't leave a sign. In my beard donor area they worked with 0,7 and 0,8mm tool and you cannot see anything at all. In my opinion go with FUE and not FUT. Finaly, for us (NW5 and above) hairs from beard and or chest is (i think) necessary..

medilook

Banned
Reaction score
Did u pay close to 50 grand for all procedures? Before you got your firs transplant did you try using propecia and rogaine to fill in your bald spot?

Free

Established Member
Reaction score
Did u pay close to 50 grand for all procedures? Before you got your firs transplant did you try using propecia and rogaine to fill in your bald spot?
Yes i tried propecia for a year (2010) but I quit it because of side effects. My hair transplants cost me around 15000 euros

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes i tried propecia for a year (2010) but I quit it because of side effects. My hair transplants cost me around 15000 euros

Money well spent!!! (much cheaper than I thought!)

Free

Established Member
Reaction score
Holidays are over for me and I thought it would be good to add some photos of my head in daylight (at the beach). The photos were taken with my i phone (first generation) so they are not very clear. However, I tried to photoshoot half head on the shadow and half with direct sunlight in order for you to see the difference. In the first photo my hair is a litle bit wet. I will do a small SMP session during the following months in order to cover small areas (mostly in my crown) in order for my head to be perfect...

3.jpg2.jpgIMG_0755.jpg

Here they are also in my album in the following link: http://imgur.com/a/hyVtt#56