My experience as a student living with a hair system from age 21 to 25 (4 year update)

Stubble

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm basically providing an update to a post I made on here back in 2020, during the height of Covid-19, describing my struggles with hair loss as someone who was barely out of their teenage years. You can read it here, but to summarise, I posted some pictures of my situation, described how quickly it had progressed and how much it was affecting me mentally. This thread that I'm making today is a success story thankfully, so for those of you who are on the fence about getting a hair system, you should use this as a tool to push yourself to go ahead and get it done.

Since 2020, my whole outlook on life has changed thanks to this whole hair loss situation. Back then, the hair loss situation was such a huge obstacle for me to overcome, but since I managed to tackle the problem head-on, it's given me so much confidence for tackling other issues in my life. Any time any sort of problem comes up in other areas of my life, I just remind myself how I was able to apply myself to this problem and find a solution that worked for me.

I've also gained so much social confidence. Whilst wearing a hair system, I've had lots of positive experiences with women, whereas before, I never had much experience or luck with either as soon as hair loss started kicking in. Previously, I just wasn't considered by girls since I had such a glaring issue with my hairline and my confidence too as a result. At the minute, I've got a long-term girlfriend and have done for a few years now and she's never even asked about my hair situation. But I can wholeheartedly say that without the hair system giving me some confidence, I never would have been able to date her or any of the other girls I did. Nowadays, even if I had to shave my head, I think I'd be much better equipped to deal with dating, since I now have some experience under my belt.

I graduated my university course in 2022, but during my time at university, I was wildly popular compared to how I'd been in school. I had so many positive experiences with making friendships during this time. Now that I'm a more confident individual, I'd always naturally gravitate hanging out with whatever group is most popular wherever I go. This is a stark contrast to what things were like for me before. I totally put this down to me finally just fulfilling my potential and being the person I was supposed to be if I got my hair genetics from my dad's side and not my mum's side (my brother is 2.5 years younger than me, yet he's a NW1 and has always been very popular).

Since 2020, I've perfected the whole hair system process, from start to finish - I can order a hair system, cut the hair system's hair style myself with scissors and a trimmer, remove it, clean it, re-attach it (using glue, tape or a combination if I feel like it), dye it and also maintain the length of the biological hair on the sides of my head myself. I'm completely self-sufficient and this makes me feel like I won't really have to worry about hair loss again.

I do hope that in another 5 years, once I reach my 30s, I'll maybe re-consider and see if I'm comfortable with getting SMP and a shaved head. But I think, ultimately, I take comfort in the fact that the choice is mine - I know I can wear hair systems as long as I want and that I'll never have to shave my head against my will.

All in all, I think hair systems gave me a 2nd shot at having a youth and I took the opportunity. I'd urge anyone else going through the same thing to go ahead with it.

Here's a picture of the style I normally go for:

Screenshot_20240313_105454_Gallery.jpg

If anyone has any questions about my experiences or is looking for my advice, I'd be glad to try and help.

Last edited:

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Very interesting to read, thank you! It must have been so hard losing your hair early, but the positive at this young age is that you can wear a nice thick system and get away with so many different styles. No one will suspect you're wearing! To compare, I started losing my hair in my 20s into my early 30s but only started wearing when I hit 40 and I'm now late 40s.

0.08mm is quite thick. I hope you don't mind me asking - I'm surprised your girlfriend hasn't noticed? Especially as you say the hairline is quite detectable.

I wear 0.03mm and it's easy enough to handle. Each system lasts 3 to 5 months, depending on how harsh I am with it.

It's great that you do the whole order/cut/maintenance cycle by yourself. I'd love to be skilled enough to do the cut-in myself but I doubt I'd get it anywhere near as good as my stylist does!

Stubble

My Regimen
Reaction score
Very interesting to read, thank you! It must have been so hard losing your hair early, but the positive at this young age is that you can wear a nice thick system and get away with so many different styles. No one will suspect you're wearing! To compare, I started losing my hair in my 20s into my early 30s but only started wearing when I hit 40 and I'm now late 40s.

0.08mm is quite thick. I hope you don't mind me asking - I'm surprised your girlfriend hasn't noticed? Especially as you say the hairline is quite detectable.

I wear 0.03mm and it's easy enough to handle. Each system lasts 3 to 5 months, depending on how harsh I am with it.

It's great that you do the whole order/cut/maintenance cycle by yourself. I'd love to be skilled enough to do the cut-in myself but I doubt I'd get it anywhere near as good as my stylist does!
I've now swapped that old image for a better one that actually shows the style that I'd wear in public.

Yeah, I can see why you'd ask that with the old picture, although, with that new picture, you can see that no one would ever actually get a look at my hairline. Early on in the relationship I'd said to her I don't like the top of my head being touched and she's always stuck by that without questioning it. Also I don't live with her, I live in a house with my friends so I obviously have plenty of time to do maintenance when she isn't around.

Thanks for that info man. That's actually why I haven't went for a 0.03mm before - I always heard they're a lot less durable. My first ever hair system lasted me a 10 months and it's always been my goal to make each one after that last the same amount of time. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. I know that I'd not get anywhere near that if I went for a 0.03mm.

Yeah the cut-ins I do aren't perfect, but I'm satisfied with them so that's really all that matters. I'm not the best at blending them, and I know fades are really trendy at the minute, but I tend to just cut myself a disconnected hair cut because it's easiest. Maybe I'll learn to blend it in some day, but there isn't a lot of margin for error when doing that.

Last edited:

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Have you got caught? People in university can still be quite hairgrabbing. Parties may still be happening often.
Have you told your partners? How did they react?

Stubble

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you got caught? People in university can still be quite hairgrabbing. Parties may still be happening often.
Have you told your partners? How did they react?
Nah, I've never been called out for wearing one. I've had mates ruffle my hair with their hand, but they've never got it stuck or noticed anything off about it. Never told any of my partners either.

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you think you'll tell your partner sometime? It could be quite a shock if she just suddenly finds out years into the relationship.

Also what Norwood is your real hair now?

Stubble

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you think you'll tell your partner sometime? It could be quite a shock if she just suddenly finds out years into the relationship.

Also what Norwood is your real hair now?
Yeah I'd tell her if we start living together. Only reason I haven't already is because any other girl I've been with, I've always felt glad I didn't bother telling them after we broke up. I just don't want to do it too soon and regret it.

I went from like NW3 to NW6 in the last 4 years probably. It's weird because my brother is a NW1 even though he's only 2 years younger than me. I wouldn't wish these male pattern baldness genes on him at all, but just feel I got so unlucky compared to him. He's also 6'5" too, so he definitely lucked out.

He sounds like a douche that lives a lie. A true con man.
I mean, yeah, I probably would be a douche to you if I ever met you, so you're not wrong. I'm nice to most people though, but you give weird vibes.

Last edited:

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I'd tell her if we start living together. Only reason I haven't already is because any other girl I've been with, I've always felt glad I didn't bother telling them after we broke up. I just don't want to do it too soon and regret it.

I went from like NW3 to NW5 in the last 4 years probably. It's weird because my brother is a NW1 even though he's only 2 years younger than me. I wouldn't wish these male pattern baldness genes on him at all, but just feel I got so unlucky compared to him. He's also 6'5" too, so he definitely lucked out.

I mean, yeah, I probably would be a douche to you if I ever met you, so you're not wrong. I'm nice to most people though, but you give weird vibes.
Its because ur a junkie and your brother isnt.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I looked through your posts and noticed one from a while ago where you spoke about how you were a 34 year old virgin.

Lol.

Now I know I'm right to say you give weird vibes - you must have that effect on people IRL too, not just online.
I dont give weird vibes people like me at work. Being a Virgin at 36 dont make anybody weird. You watch too much TV. You are more of a weirdo to walk around with fake hair glued to your scalp now THATS weird xD. None of these women would like you or stay with you if they found out that ur just another baldie underneth that fake hair.

Last edited:

Stubble

My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont give weird vibes people like me at work. Being a Virgin at 36 dont make anybody weird. You watch too much TV. You are more of a weirdo to walk around with fake hair glued to your scalp now THATS weird xD. None of these women would like you or stay with you if they found out that ur just another baldie underneth that fake hair.
People like you in work because they have to, they're getting paid to sit there next to you. If that's your idea of flexing your social skills, then you're so lost.

I'm not fussed. For me, using a hair system was only ever a temporary plan for me, I just wanted to experience the things everyone hopes to experience in their 20s. It was never about getting girls to stay with me forever. I've achieved what I set out to achieve.

Last edited:

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
People like you in work because they have to, they're getting paid to sit there next to you. If that's your idea of flexing your social skills, then you're so lost.

I'm not fussed. For me, using a hair system was only ever a temporary plan for me, I just wanted to experience the things everyone hopes to experience in their 20s. It was never about getting girls to stay with me forever. I've achieved what I set out to achieve.
Bro im a personal assistant. The guy I take care of likes me alot, even when I wanted to quit he said he didnt want me to quit. He pick and choose his assistants, and he picked me and we get along very good. Like I told you, you watch too many movies like the 40yr old virgin. That dont reflect real life.

Avacado

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

this kid losingbattle88 is one of the biggest fags I've ever seen on the internet, that's difficult to achieve, but he managed

bsmith

My Regimen
Reaction score
I looked through your posts and noticed one from a while ago where you spoke about how you were a 34 year old virgin.

Lol.

Now I know I'm right to say you give weird vibes - you must have that effect on people IRL too, not just online.

He has to be a virgin. So is Mr. D*** head as well.