Liquid Minoxidil to Oral Minoxidil Shedding Month 1

splittheD

Reaction score
I’ve been using 5% liquid minoxidil for many years. It worked very well the first few years and has slowly lost its effectiveness.

This last year the hair loss picked up so I decided to switch to 2.5mg oral minoxidil once daily. It’s been a month and shedding has intensified further.

Is this a good sign of new hair making its way out or just further progression. I’m curious if anyone made the switch to oral experienced anything like this.

Last edited:

Lumalux

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
After synchranization, new hair growth should begin. You need to be patient.
What is the consensus on whether body hair from Minoxidil will stick around? I get that it should keep growing as long as I use Minoxidil. Some guys say even that disappears even if you continue to use it.

I've gotten a lot of new heavy dark growth on the backs of my hands and forearms since using Minoxidil topically and orally. I like how the hair looks because it's masculine and don't want it to fall out.

Get my hair back

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Especially oral minoxidil causes hair growth all over my body, I now have a lot of hair on my arms and legs, even on my ears)))
You can believe me, they will not go away if you take minoxidil. If you suddenly decide to stop taking it, your body hair will thin out, but not completely disappear.

Lumalux

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Especially oral minoxidil causes hair growth all over my body, I now have a lot of hair on my arms and legs, even on my ears)))
You can believe me, they will not go away if you take minoxidil. If you suddenly decide to stop taking it, your body hair will thin out, but not completely disappear.
I am using oral Minoxidil to cause the body hair to grow.

Xenophon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve been using 5% liquid minoxidil for many years. It worked very well the first few years and has slowly lost its effectiveness.

This last year the hair loss picked up so I decided to switch to 2.5mg oral minoxidil once daily. It’s been a month and shedding has intensified further.

Is this a good sign of new hair making its way out or just further progression. I’m curious if anyone made the switch to oral experienced anything like this.

Any results after 3 months now? Appreciate it.

splittheD

Reaction score
Any results after 3 months now? Appreciate it.

I think the hair I already had has gotten thicker, but the hair loss continues and has worsened. In my original post I mentioned I’m taking oral 2.5 minoxidil but I’m actually taking 1mg once a day. I’m going go start taking it twice a day and add finasteride once a week and titrate slowly since I had bad side effects

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the hair I already had has gotten thicker, but the hair loss continues and has worsened. In my original post I mentioned I’m taking oral 2.5 minoxidil but I’m actually taking 1mg once a day. I’m going go start taking it twice a day and add finasteride once a week and titrate slowly since I had bad side effects
finasteride is bad mmkay thats Why I use 0.25mg topically once a day. never ever oral again.

Arthurandsam

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why did you decrease dosage ?

splittheD

Reaction score
Why did you decrease dosage ?
I’ve only been on 1mg. I never increased or decreased. I stopped it entirely recently. I’ve been on it for over 6 months and my hair loss has never accelerated so fast. I was hopeful it was just the initial shedding period but that hair never came back. Now I’ve no choice but to find a surgeon.