Finasteride Increase Libido? 6 Month Update

splittheD

Reaction score
Hello all,

Im 28 and I’ve been experiencing shedding since I’ve been on finasteride 1mg for 6 months now and it’s concerning. I’m not sure if I should continue. Everyone is saying shedding is a good sign but I’m not seeing hard proof for that. I know for a fact some people respond, some don’t, and I’m thinking maybe I don’t.

Since I started it I noticed my hairs are thinner. The first week or so I saw a drop in libido and watery semen but I recovered quickly after. In fact, it recovered to the point where my libido is 2-3x it was before. This is particularly alarming because it tells me finasteride is possibly upregulating DHT. Has anyone had this experience with finasteride, and is it a bad sign? Should I continue? At what point do I call it quits if I don’t see improvement.

GreekGod

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello all,

Im 28 and I’ve been experiencing shedding since I’ve been on finasteride 1mg for 6 months now and it’s concerning. I’m not sure if I should continue. Everyone is saying shedding is a good sign but I’m not seeing hard proof for that. I know for a fact some people respond, some don’t, and I’m thinking maybe I don’t.

Since I started it I noticed my hairs are thinner. The first week or so I saw a drop in libido and watery semen but I recovered quickly after. In fact, it recovered to the point where my libido is 2-3x it was before. This is particularly alarming because it tells me finasteride is possibly upregulating DHT. Has anyone had this experience with finasteride, and is it a bad sign? Should I continue? At what point do I call it quits if I don’t see improvement.
Maybe see a doctor and get some blood tests to see if the medicine is doing what it's supposed to. The doctor will be able to determine whether the propecia is hurting your body or whether your shed is probably temporary.

splittheD

Reaction score
Maybe see a doctor and get some blood tests to see if the medicine is doing what it's supposed to. The doctor will be able to determine whether the propecia is hurting your body or whether your shed is probably temporary.

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately I’m not sure how much it’ll help because I never had baseline levels before I started finasteride to compare it to. I guess I’ll keep taking it for now and cross my fingers.

GreekGod

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. Unfortunately I’m not sure how much it’ll help because I never had baseline levels before I started finasteride to compare it to. I guess I’ll keep taking it for now and cross my fingers.
That's a good plan, sheds are very random and I highly doubt finasteride is making you lose hair.