Finally Went Through With It! Let Me Know What You Guys Think!

kashmoney

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So after a year of research and hesitation, I finally went through with getting a system today. Just finished about 2 hours ago. At first, I felt like most people do and just the amount of hair really overwhelmed me. But after facetiming my gf and her really liking it, it helped ease my worries and now I'm actually liking it a lot. Poly perimeter with Swiss lace in the middle. Walker blue tape on the perimeter and middle as well as an inch behind the hairline and Walker ultra hold glue at the hairline as well as on the tape. Also prepped the scalp with Walker max sport.

Here's the images. Second pic is me before the appointment and first picture is with the system. Let me know what you guys think. I know theres things that can be improved but I'm satisfied with it being my first time!

axm4jLC

https://imgur.com/a/axm4jLC

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
So after a year of research and hesitation, I finally went through with getting a system today. Just finished about 2 hours ago. At first, I felt like most people do and just the amount of hair really overwhelmed me. But after facetiming my gf and her really liking it, it helped ease my worries and now I'm actually liking it a lot. Poly perimeter with Swiss lace in the middle. Walker blue tape on the perimeter and middle as well as an inch behind the hairline and Walker ultra hold glue at the hairline as well as on the tape. Also prepped the scalp with Walker max sport.

Here's the images. Second pic is me before the appointment and first picture is with the system. Let me know what you guys think. I know theres things that can be improved but I'm satisfied with it being my first time!

axm4jLC

Was just about to say it doesn't look very good until I saw your comment that the second picture was before.

In that case, it looks great and much much better!

Last edited:

David1776

My Regimen
Reaction score

axm4jLC

David1776

My Regimen
Reaction score
Kashmoney:

I think it looks good. I’m anxiously awaiting my first system. It’s supposed to arrive on 3/10.

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

axm4jLC

Looks good

firewatch9999

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks good. I think it will looks even better once the system ages a bit. The hairline looks a bit thick though IMO, did the system come with a graduated hairline?

Noah

Reaction score
Good job man; it really suits you.

It is a high density, and the hairline isn't graduated. But you can pull it off, because you are young and (I'm guessing) of South Asian heritage, which is a part of the world where guys regularly have natural hair with that very high density. All the same, I would investigate the possibility of adding a graduated hairline for your next unit.

For now though, well done. Welcome to the club. Enjoy your new cool look.

kashmoney

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for the kind words guys! Yeah next time I'm gonna try and order online and get it cut in at the salon so I'll definitely add a graduated hairline on my next system. And yeah it's a bit higher density but I'm hoping as the system ages and sheds a bit and the poofiness goes down, hopefully it'll improve. Also as Noah said, I am in my mid 20s and South Asian and I know plenty of my friends natural have densities similar to this so it's not a huge problem. People who have known me for a while will know something is up with my hair but I've decided that I'll be open about wearing to people who ask.

But yeah I'm looking forward to the next few months with it and seeing how all the maintenance and everything turns out!

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean, the difference, in terms of how it makes you look, is night and day.

I wouldn't expose the frontal hairline that much though, as it looks too dense.

Huge improvement.

Manny007

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
L

Was just about to say it doesn't look very good until I saw your comment that the second picture was before.

In that case, it looks great and much much better!

+1 just saw the first pic and thought the same that the style doesn't look good but after looking at your before pics bingo...the stylist cut the system in the exact same style, looks very good, congrats and enjoy your new look

TEG

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I love that style...very trendy right now. I will say though, the density is a little too much.

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Get some leave-in conditioner to help you style it. It will also add some weight to the hair and make it a bit shinier, all in all meaning it looks less puffy and dense.

Check out the pictures thread for some examples.

kashmoney

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments guys! I've been using leave-in every day since getting the system and it's definitely helped calm down the system a bit. It is still fairly dense so definitely for my next system I'll get a lower density system with a graduated hairline!

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments guys! I've been using leave-in every day since getting the system and it's definitely helped calm down the system a bit. It is still fairly dense so definitely for my next system I'll get a lower density system with a graduated hairline!

First systems are always a huge learning curve. My first one was a nightmare but I experimented lots and learned a lot. Mine was also wayyy too thick/dense so one of the first things I did was go to a good stylist to have the system thinned out. This wasn't a system stylist so it was a risk, and normally I would recommend finding a stylist who works on systems.

But definitely, if you find the system is too thick after a month (when it has settled down) then go and get it thinned out. Just be sure to tell the stylist not to thin it around the perimeter of the system, else it could expose the edge of the base all round (as it did on mine).

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
some good youtube vidoes on how to graduate hairlines with tweezers :)

Exactly.

Screw videos by Curtis. Girls who rocks front laces are insanely talented with their pieces.

Tweezing my hairline changed everything for me.

Boon

My Regimen
Reaction score
Would you be able to provide the link please?
sure

this one is quite good - obviously this method would need doing before cutting in / trimming frontal lace or cutting hair too short etc - otherwise individual hair plucking under a bright light.