Facial Swelling Minoxidil

splittheD

Reaction score
Whats up guys

I've been using minoxidil since Sept last year and noticed that my face swelled up significantly over the course of using it. Im a very slim guy, so it's not my imagination, the swelling is undeniable. Before using it my cheek bones were pronounced, now everything is just rounded out.

The minoxidil works well for me so I don't want to stop using it, and I especially want to avoid the shedding that follows if I stop using it, so if you guys know of anything that can help I'd appreciate it. Also, the swelling is only on my face which is unusual because if it's a question of minoxidil having an anti-diuretic effect I'm guessing it would be distributed throughout my body.

Raz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lessen the dosage a little bit. Drink more water. That's all I can think of, I guess. I never had that serious of swelling going on, but minor swelling was there for the first half a year of so of using minoxidil. Don't have it anymore.

While I didn't get any skin-aging related sides or anything major from minoxidil in addition, I did get some mildly pronounced dark circles under my eyes that were not a thing before getting on minoxidil. Even these circles went away when I went from using minoxidil 2x a day to 1x a day, like 3 weeks ago. (I didn't lessen my dosage due to the dark circles though, but because I felt like it - just saying dosage and hydration make a difference).

splittheD

Reaction score
Good idea. Thanks man. I tried taking it once a day a while back and saw more shedding, so I went back to 2x a day, but now I think I'll just lower each dose to .5mL. I only use it for my temples anyway. Also I did have the dark circles under my eyes too but that went away from drinking more water. Now hopefully lowering the dose like u said will finish the job. Thanks again.

splittheD

Reaction score
Will do. I used to wet my scalp so it can absorb better but I think I'm already sensitive enough to minoxidil that I'm having these side effects so there's no point in doing that. Thanks.