Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Almas_NW0

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I planned to test the RU for at least 3 months, but in reality I probably started seeing deterioration after 2 weeks.
Where are these bitсhеs who said “Why are you taking HRT, just try RU, it always helps”? RU does not work even together with Bicalutamide. The strategy of treating hair loss with AA seems to be a hopeless failure.
We need either AR receptor degraders or some way to localize the effects of estradiol to the scalp. Even a combination of three antiandrogens (Bicalutamide alone reduces PSA to castration levels) does not stop baldness, and estradiol does this even without antiandrogens.

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
I planned to test the RU for at least 3 months, but in reality I probably started seeing deterioration after 2 weeks.
Where are these bitсhеs who said “Why are you taking HRT, just try RU, it always helps”? RU does not work even together with Bicalutamide. The strategy of treating hair loss with AA seems to be a hopeless failure.
We need either AR receptor degraders or some way to localize the effects of estradiol to the scalp. Even a combination of three antiandrogens (Bicalutamide alone reduces PSA to castration levels) does not stop baldness, and estradiol does this even without antiandrogens.
That’s because you’re supposed to drink it.

Dhtchud69

My Regimen
Reaction score
You’re using dutasteride also right?

Almas_NW0

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You’re using dutasteride also right?
Yes, I started taking Dutasteride every day 1 week before I started RU and low dose testosterone injections so it would build up in the blood and start working right away. Also, all this time I did not give up Bicalutamide.

Dhtchud69

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, I started taking Dutasteride every day 1 week before I started RU and low dose testosterone injections so it would build up in the blood and start working right away. Also, all this time I did not give up Bicalutamide.
dutasteride takes much longer than that to build up to peak levels, if you’re a month in it’s only slightly better than finasteride.
I would consider switching to cpa rather than use bica

Dhtchud69

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think luck is a big factor!!You have to be lucky too what i mean is that some people use just basics and reverse and maintain their hair without using heavy hitters and others even on full scale HRT cant regrow or maintain even lose.The hair situation is fked up a life long struggle
I’m fairly certain the people who see great regrowth on the big 3 just have the perfect circumstances/hormonal profile.
Probably some combo of only sensitive to androgens as strong as dht, have good testosterone levels that aromatize into enough estrogen, good responders to minoxidil, and/or only recently lost hair and are young.

Almas_NW0

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
dutasteride takes much longer than that to build up to peak levels, if you’re a month in it’s only slightly better than finasteride.
I would consider switching to cpa rather than use bica
I also thought about CPA, but I'm skeptical.

Almas_NW0

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What sets my story apart from 99% of others is the fact that I realized I had Androgenetic Alopecia before I got to Norwood 1. Already at Norwood Zero, but with some hair thinning, I tried Finasteride, Duta and Bicalutamide. After spending a lot of time on this, unfortunately, I greatly deteriorated the quality of my hair and will never be able to get it back.
By the way, I’m thinking, when I return to HRT, I should try CPA? Can it have a positive effect on hair quality and speed up progress? Does it reduce oily skin? (yes, my skin retains some level of oiliness even on HRT if I don't use Bicalutamide).

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Almas_NW0 Cpa without e2 would be a possible disaster! No main hormone on your body. You will cause hormonal imbalances, thus a possibility for extra hair thinning. You will shut both Testosterone and Estrogen. Maybe reconsider something else? Anyways, if you start you can check this for more information below:

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You can get breast growth spurts even from switching to gel or pills, happened to my friend and her nipple started bleeding cause it grew so fast even though she was already on hrt for like 8 years

Almas_NW0

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Almas_NW0 Cpa without e2 would be a possible disaster! No main hormone on your body. You will cause hormonal imbalances, thus a possibility for extra hair thinning. You will shut both Testosterone and Estrogen. Maybe reconsider something else? Anyways, if you start you can check this for more information below:
Low doses of CPA will not reduce testosterone too much. I also take TRT, so CPA will not affect my T at all. What interests me is that CPA is able to block receptors in peripheral tissues without causing receptor hypersensitivity. It is also used by women for severe hair loss and hirsutism.

Get my hair back

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1. I have noticed that at high E2 levels, breast growth stops, but I haven't noticed any improvement in terms of hair growth.
2. At medium E levels, hair grows just as well, or even better.

My experience says that both have shown an increase in breast growth with the addition of cyproterone.
I can explain this by saying that even in the absence of T, DHT is still synthesized via the backdoor pathway (tests confirm), thus inhibiting breast growth, and cyproterone blocks A receptors = breast growth

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Low doses of CPA will not reduce testosterone too much. I also take TRT, so CPA will not affect my T at all. What interests me is that CPA is able to block receptors in peripheral tissues without causing receptor hypersensitivity. It is also used by women for severe hair loss and hirsutism.
In any case, don’t drop Dutasteride. You need it for the blockage of both 5AR1 (required in Backdoor synthesis as well) and 5AR2.