clipper 1 or clean shave?

dekaz

Established Member
Reaction score
today im feeling like i want to stop this and just start shaving, mainly because my hair is naturally very coarse and wavy and thing is right now i have it grown long to try to cover my balding spots (Norwood 2 or 3 atm) and it just looks ugly as hell, cus normally i always get buzz cuts like 2 on the top and 1 on the sides.

problem is though if i buzz cut 2/3 it looks so badly receded on the corners, i feel it looks ugly compared to few years ago when i had a nice straight hair line even with a buzz cut :(

so thinking should i just buy like #1 size clippers and just run it all over my head every couple days? or should i just use my razor and shave my head when i shave my face every other day?

br1

Reaction score
considered clipping using #0 ? I think it's a between #1 and shaving?

shookwun

Reaction score
clipper.

Shave looks like crap.

Personally id go high, and tight. Tapered sides, that gradually gets a bit denser up top.

dekaz

Established Member
Reaction score
ya i think clipper is best for now, maybe later shave when it gets super bad. i think high and tight looks cool on other people, but it looks weird on me, should i just maybe do 2 on top 1 on the sides like i always have? or 1 all the way around?

br1

Reaction score
I also always think ppl with shaved or buzzed very low look cool on other people. But on me, looks weird..

shookwun

Reaction score
Something like this.

Sweep your forelock to the right.

Notice how the temple are cut very shor, yet the mid/frontal forelock area still has a bit of hair.

granted he doesn't have male pattern baldness... this will give you a general idea.

Ive tried many hair cuts. every style looks like **** after NW3 unless u buzz it or go for a similar ranger cut. All other styles including a ceaser go flat, and make your head look like a helmet.

coolmilitaryhaircutsformenpics2010.jpg

dekaz

Established Member
Reaction score
Something like this.

Sweep your forelock to the right.

Notice how the temple are cut very shor, yet the mid/frontal forelock area still has a bit of hair.

granted he doesn't have male pattern baldness... this will give you a general idea.

Ive tried many hair cuts. every style looks like **** after NW3 unless u buzz it or go for a similar ranger cut. All other styles including a ceaser go flat, and make your head look like a helmet.

coolmilitaryhaircutsformenpics2010.jpg

i see so should i ask for 0 on the sides and 1 on top then?

god this is so embarassing, i feel like crap going to great clips and asking them to make me look better and seeing how crappy i look :( i used to be a very good looking person :(

shookwun

Reaction score
Go to an actual barber shop and get the sides tapered. A real barber will know how to fix ya up man. Show that picture for reference.

It rele does make a difference seeing the same barber

dekaz

Established Member
Reaction score
Go to an actual barber shop and get the sides tapered. A real barber will know how to fix ya up man. Show that picture for reference.

It rele does make a difference seeing the same barber

ah makes sense, i always go to great clips lol, but we do have an old fashioned barber downtown, and he never seems to have any lines so maybe ill hit it up!

dekaz

Established Member
Reaction score
so you guys think even when you get into the higher Norwood scale its better to do something like this than to clean shave?

copilot-style-201411-1415115714565_prince-william-bald-gq-magazine-november-2014-04.jpg

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm about a Norwood 2.5 to 3 and I get my back and sides shaved to a 2 and the top cut to about a 3 length. If you get the top cut rather then shaved the hairdresser will be able to get more style in your hair and I'd defiantly go for a barber over a hairdresser if you're getting it short. Granted it does look more receding when it's that short but I've had plenty of complements from people saying it suited me (the office milf even said I looked like Colin Farrel lol).

shookwun

Reaction score
I'm about a Norwood 2.5 to 3 and I get my back and sides shaved to a 2 and the top cut to about a 3 length. If you get the top cut rather then shaved the hairdresser will be able to get more style in your hair and I'd defiantly go for a barber over a hairdresser if you're getting it short. Granted it does look more receding when it's that short but I've had plenty of complements from people saying it suited me (the office milf even said I looked like Colin Farrel lol).

it also looks more presentable, and is much more manageable.

It's better to opt for something short, and stylish then to pretend you have a hairline through a comb over. Self-esteem wise it's a better choice in the long run. You will feel much more comfortable in your own shoes once people adapt to the image that your slightly thinning.

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
it also looks more presentable, and is much more manageable.

It's better to opt for something short, and stylish then to pretend you have a hairline through a comb over. Self-esteem wise it's a better choice in the long run. You will feel much more comfortable in your own shoes once people adapt to the image that your slightly thinning.

That's right having it short also saves you the time and stress every day of having to style you hair to cover the thinning/bald areas. I'm done with comb overs! Short hair all the way.