1 year on finasteride without results. Should I try dutasteride?

LongWayHome

Established Member
Reaction score
So I've been on finasteride for a year, with continued recedeing, shedding, etc.
Nothing's changed, and now I'm considering trying dutasteride instead. Do you think it's worth a shot?
Is there anyone here that tried finasteride, didn't work, then started dutasteride and his luck suddenly changed? Or knows someone like that?

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I've been on finasteride for a year, with continued recedeing, shedding, etc.
Nothing's changed, and now I'm considering trying dutasteride instead. Do you think it's worth a shot?
Is there anyone here that tried finasteride, didn't work, then started dutasteride and his luck suddenly changed? Or knows someone like that?
Dutasteride will make little to no difference in your case.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why is that?
I see that you take dutasteride, was it after you tried finasteride or you've never used it?
Dutasteride isnt that much better than finasteride, only blocks 20% more dht. And you havent had any results from finasteride which means dutasteride could maybe maintain your hair or continue your loss but at a slower pace. Dutasteride in my experience is nothing special.

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been on finasteride for a year, with continued recedeing, shedding, etc
Are you on a western controlled brand ? or some bunk Indian made finasteride?

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dutasteride isnt that much better than finasteride, only blocks 20% more dht. And you havent had any results from finasteride which means dutasteride could maybe maintain your hair or continue your loss but at a slower pace. Dutasteride in my experience is nothing special.
Dude, What the hell are you talkign about ? how you evem bother to read the results of the phase 2 GSK made in USA with dutasteride vs finasteride for Androgenetic Alopecia !? It have even photos, you don't even have to read ;)

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Propecia.
Well, there isn't a ton of options, hair maintenance is mostly trial and error, so you can try move to dutasteride, but its your call at the end of the day as everyone reacts slightly differently, so nobody will be able to give you the 100% correct advice either way.

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Cause ur a dumbass.
Hilarious........ Pretty sure after treating hairloss for 27 years, including over 22 years on finasteride, and trying dozens of brands during this time, I know what i'm talking about regarding finasteride, but if you think you know more than me about the topic then that's up to you.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bit late editing it, once its been replied to twice.....might be more prevalent to look in the mirror first before calling me that.
You think generic drugs Arent as potent as brand name drugs? Ru seriously stupid? Finasteride is a cheap drug to make. And this dude was on propecia and it still didnt do jack sh*t for his hair so you are wrong.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-03-13-21-19-01-673_com.snapchat.android.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-03-13-21-19-01-673_com.snapchat.android.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 107

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
You think generic drugs Arent as potent as brand name drugs?
No basically a bunch of the Indian ones can be ineffective.
Ru seriously stupid?
This has already been discussed at length in various places on the internet, so if you are unaware of the practicalities and corner cutting in the generic pharmaceutical industry Then i would suggest it is indeed you who are stupid.

https://www.wolfhair.com/wp-content...-Name-vs-Generic-Finasteride-Jan-Feb-2016.pdf

And this dude was on propecia
How am I meant to know that?, before he answered my question?

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
For clarification I am also on generic finasteride....

Edit: but out of 12 generics I have tried only 2 have been as effective long term as my bench mark of Proscar

Last edited:

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you don't know these issues exist in the generic pharmaceutical industry, then It would be better if you educated yourself first on these issues rather than jumping to the conclusion that people are 'stupid' or a 'dumbass' for mentioning things you have very little experience about.

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Haha quoting a friggin' Hims sales pitch..................priceless

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score

For clarification I am also on generic finasteride....

Edit: but out of 12 generics I have tried only 2 have been as effective long term as my bench mark of Proscar
Why would you Keep buying 12 different generics over the years? I think its all in your head mate. Theres no way in hell I believe this.

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Theres no way in hell I believe this
It makes no difference if you believe it or not. Its already been well documented.
Why would you Keep buying 12 different generics over the years?
Because if you take a medicine for 22 years, depending where you live and what brand you are taking, there will be points where the brand you are on is discontinued, in my instance when that has happened, its then been the case that I've had to cycle through 4 or 5 brands before I can find one that is able to stabilize my hair again, as usually if the first brand I switch to is ineffective it will start dumping the entire front two thirds of my hair onto my keyboard within a few months.
I think its all in your head mate.
Already been countless others reporting shedding restarting after a brand switch.

Last edited: