20 Yo right temple looks worse since last few years

Egehan550

My Regimen
Reaction score
IMG_1686.jpeg
IMG_1685.jpeg
IMG_1687.jpeg

Just did blood tests doctor said if i have high dht he can prescript finasteride or dutasteride my father is like norwood 0 but my right temple already looks worse should i go with finasteride or dutasteride route?

Egehan550

My Regimen
Reaction score
For me dutasteride did the opposite of wonders lol. It wrecked my hair but im a rare case.
On reddit people say it either saves your hairline or destroy yours. Even as a child i always had fine hair and never get to know what thick hair means i think expecting finasteride/dutasteride to give me hair which i never had would be copium but i would at least like to protect mine. It felts terrible im sorry for the rant but i dont know should i bite the bullet and say "at least i tried" if things go bad or should i just hope my hair last for another 4-5 years

Egehan550

My Regimen
Reaction score
For me dutasteride did the opposite of wonders lol. It wrecked my hair but im a rare case.
How late is "too late" do you think? I feel like starting meds at Norwood 2 is a good idea and if i wait until Norwood 3 it might be worse but tbh im afraid. considering i live in turkey and can afford hair transplant, is it possible to get hair tranplant(and jump on finasteride/min asap) if i recede to nw3?

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
On reddit people say it either saves your hairline or destroy yours. Even as a child i always had fine hair and never get to know what thick hair means i think expecting finasteride/dutasteride to give me hair which i never had would be copium but i would at least like to protect mine. It felts terrible im sorry for the rant but i dont know should i bite the bullet and say "at least i tried" if things go bad or should i just hope my hair last for another 4-5 years
At least I tried sounds better.

Last edited:

Egehan550

My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't hop on dutasteride unless you're in desperation mode. You can always try finasteride and minoxidil first, and if things still get worse you have dutasteride in the holster. I'm not a fan of blocking DHT because of its physiological roles, but you have to weigh things for yourself. Being in your 20s and going bald can be devastating for some.
Honestly im kinda scared after seeing people getting terrible shed phases probably if i go from Norwood 2 to 3 right after finasteride/dutasteride i would kill myself. I think since i didnt got thinner last few years i will wait until i thin on top of my head or my temples turn into M from V shape. Some people say shedding stops at norwood 2 and stays at same place for years and most middle aged people are nw2/3 but i dont have much hopes tbh if i went Norwood 2 at 15 im already fucked and it would be a miracle to not go Norwood 3 until im like 25 or some sh*t. I also dont believe im lucky enough to be a hyper responder to grow back hair so when balding starts to be noticable to other peoples ill take the hair transplant+finasteride route i guess

Egehan550

My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly im kinda scared after seeing people getting terrible shed phases probably if i go from Norwood 2 to 3 right after finasteride/dutasteride i would kill myself. I think since i didnt got thinner last few years i will wait until i thin on top of my head or my temples turn into M from V shape. Some people say shedding stops at norwood 2 and stays at same place for years and most middle aged people are nw2/3 but i dont have much hopes tbh if i went Norwood 2 at 15 im already fucked and it would be a miracle to not go Norwood 3 until im like 25 or some sh*t. I also dont believe im lucky enough to be a hyper responder to grow back hair so when balding starts to be noticable to other peoples ill take the hair transplant+finasteride route i guess

What’s your family history like?
Like a joke, my father is almost 50 with brush like norwood 1 hair. My hair was always worse than his i had fine hair since i was a kid and my father still has brush thick hair both grandpa s went to norwood 2/3 after age of +50. My father buzzcuts all the time and uses shitty market brand shampoo and no hint of thinning but i never got to know what proper thick hair means

Egehan550

My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont know if its possible but maybe i got my hair from my mother because both color and hair thickness looks alike. She doesnt have female balding but her parting line is also noticeable like mine with slightly visable scalp at sunlight

Egehan550

My Regimen
Reaction score
I see. So not terrible genetics. If that’s the case you can let it play out for a while if you want and see if you stabilize at a mature hairline.

My own personal opinion, I really wouldn’t take a drug like finasteride/dutasteride unless I was desperate and suicidal. I do believe that DHT is an important hormone, and I’d like to optimize my health. I do other treatments. If my hair were to get progressively worse, perhaps I would hop back on.
I honestly agree still waiting for the results of blood test but im doubtful about jumping finasteride/dutasteride right after results because i had no increased shed, receded hairline at least last 1 year my main 2 concerns are meds "triggering" my male pattern baldness and receding further at shedding phase and the other one is using meds and risk getting sides for nothing. I feel like i should observe carefully and act when i recede further.Having Norwood 2 at 15 was terrible now im 20 its still bad but not bizarre just sad who knows maybe i might be lucky for a next few years. Today i observed males on streets and unequal receding doesnt seems too uncommon either it sucks but i probably shouldnt take meds to equal my temples(and odds doesnt seems good since right temple gone years ago) thanks for all the help man