Since the first televised presidential debate between Kennedy and Nixon in 1960, polls have shown us that appearance counts and now, in the age of satellite television, live Internet Webcasts and digital technology, appearance counts more than ever. A recent survey, conducted by Harris Interactive and sponsored by Rogaine, also shows appearance to be a factor when determining one’s perception of professional success…According to results from the Harris Interactive Signals of Success survey, more than half of the adults surveyed felt that physical appearance, such as hair, weight, and eye color is very important in determining one’s perception of professional and personal success.
“The days are long gone when it was considered strange for a man to be concerned about his appearance,” said Brian Boye, Fashion Director, Daily News Record. “When it comes to hair loss, start early with treatments that will help stop the hair loss and in many cases, help it regrow.”
Harris Interactive surveyed 3,082 people (1,046 men; 2,036 women) online in May 2000. Participants were shown pictures of men with full heads of hair, treatments for men with receding or thinning hairlines, and men who were moderately or completely bald, then rated their personal and professional success based on the pictures.
* 68 percent of females, ages 36 to 45, felt physical appearance was very influential in determining a man’s overall professional success.
* 43 percent of the women surveyed said that men with a full head of hair Had a good personality compared with 36 percent who thought men with receding or thinning hair had good personalities. To the men and women surveyed, men with a full head of hair appeared more physically attractive
* (42 percent) compared to the moderately or completely bald man (14 percent).
* Almost one-quarter of respondents say that hair loss is very important and 54 percent say that hair loss is somewhat important in influencing how men are perceived by people in general.
* 46 percent of women rated men with a full head of hair to be attractive compared to 19 percent who thought men with moderate to extensive baldness were attractive.
Approximately 95 percent of men’s hair loss is caused by a hereditary condition called Androgenetic Alopecia. The condition involves a miniaturization process, causing hair follicles to become smaller and reducing the time period in which hair can grow.
Since the hair is unable to complete the full growth cycle, the follicle produces thinner, shorter and more brittle hair.
Innovative products, such as Rogaine Extra Strength For Men (5% Minoxidil), are clinically proven to help stop hair loss and regrow new hair by revitalizing shrunken hair follicles, increasing their size. Rogaine Extra Strength For Men is the most advanced medically proven hair regrowth product available without a prescription, regrowing hair or stopping hair loss in four out of five men.
Rogaine Regular Strength For Men was the first FDA-approved product proven to regrow hair and help stop hair loss. Rogaine Extra Strength For Men is the strongest FDA approved topical hair-loss treatment sold without a prescription. Rogaine For Women was the first FDA-approved hair thinning treatment for women clinically proven effective. Rogaine is a clear solution applied directly to the top of the scalp where hair is thinning. For best results, Rogaine must be applied twice a day.
Get more information on Rogaine, and how it can fit into your hair loss treatment regimen today.
Looking to buy Rogaine? We've got the entire suite of Rogaine for men and women here...