Zsnowstorm's Story - (Now it's personal)

zsnowstorm

Reaction score
Hi. I'm 19 and I started losing hair when I was around 16 probably. Although it took another year till I could start notice it and then another year went in which I didn't doing anything to prevent it. I used minoxidil for a short period however but I didn't have the money or the patience to keep it up.

Now it's time to get serious. I'm currently trying to take care of the things in my life which I don't like. And losing my appearance/losing hair is one of them. I've started to take finasteride (in the form of 5mg Fincar split in four pieces). I bought mine from Pharmacy2Home without really doing any research about their reputation or so. I would appreciate if someone could verify if it's the real deal and so on.

Furthermore, my scalp is itching a lot. I've some fluid which make it less irritated. It isn't an international product but I could check the ingredients later and let you know what it is. I feel that the apparently bad condition of my scalp might hurry the process a bit. All males on both my father's and mother's side are bald more or less. So it's obviously inevitable, but my father seems to have had a pretty decent hair till mid 20s at least. I might follow the same pattern but I'm pretty sure I've got thinner hair now than what he did have when he was in my age.

My hair is kind of curly and very thick at the places which haven't been affected by hairloss yet. This makes it harder to have some sort of decent haircut. What especially annoys me is that the front and the temporal points tend to be were the hair is most curly which make it look even worse than it would if I would have straight hair. (Think John McGinley as Dr. Cox in Scrubs.)

I would be about HN3 with a thinning vertex as well.

I feel very skeptical about gaining any hair and I would say that my main goal really is to just keep the status quo and once I get older make FUE.

Lately my front has started to grow thin as well and that bothers me the most. I read in the The most Comprehensive guide to all know hairloss treatments-thread that dutasteride gave better results in the frontal area compared to finasteride for some and would appreciate any thoughts about this. Is it true? Experiences?

Right now I plan to use ketoconazole, finasteride and Pure Scalp as my program. I will probably stick to this for a year and considering the result of lack of it I may alter it.

Photos will be posted as soon as I get my hands on a decent camera. My webcam and cellphone are too bad.

zsnowstorm

Reaction score
So, I will be able to borrow a camera on Monday.

Yesterday I used Scalpure for the first time, my hair sure did feel and looked great afterwards, but I'm very skeptical it will help my hair loss in any way.

Today my scalp was back to normal - itching like hell and when I itch a lot of hair fall off. I'm feeling horrible about this whole situation. Earlier it didn't itch this much, I definitely have male pattern baldness but there is something else that isn't right with my hair as well. Apparently my father had the same itching scalp as I, and his itching didn't stop until he lost his hair. :(