ZIX

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
well just for the heck of it I decided to try something quite a bit more experimental than anything else in my regimen. I just ordered some ingredients for the basic ZIX mixture.
The ingredients are as follows:
1- 220mg zinc sulfate capsule
6- 20mg B-6 tablets
4oz of distilled water

I have serious doubts that this will do much of anything. It sounds pretty safe and that is my main concern when using an experimental treatment.
This mixture is supposed to be applied twice a day about 5 minutes before minoxidil.
I plan on using it on the vertex only for now and I'll let you know how it works out in a few months.
Anybody else have any experiences with Zix?

zender

Reaction score
I was thinking about trying zix myself.As a matter of fact i've bought the zinc sulfate,B6 prydoxal capsules month's ago:)But wouldn't it make more sense
mixing them with minoxidil instead of the distilled water?

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
There's mixed feelings about adding it to minoxidil. The guy who started the zix thing stated that it's more effective when it's not mixed with minoxidil.

Since I first started making and using my homemade hair loss treatment I have changed my opinion on how best to mix the stuff up. Some of you might have seen some of my older sites when we used to mix the formula with 2% minoxidil. Based on much trial and error we now believe it is significantly more effective if we mix the zinc and b-6 in distilled water instead of minoxidil.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
1 month and really nothing to report.

bluesmiley

Established Member
Reaction score
BadHairDecade said:
1 month and really nothing to report.

Well, at least it's dirt cheap. =)
I wish we could play around with all topicals for the $2/month you're probably spending on zix.

live-for-hair

My Regimen
Reaction score
I checked with my dermatologist. He also agreed that Min and any Zinc based compound should never be mixed together. Also, he mentioned that the two topicals ( Min and Zix should be applied with a gap of 30 min at least - better would be 2 hours )