Zix,. anyone heard of it?

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Zix gets play in other forums. Anyone familiar with this DHT reducing topical?

Nicholas

Reaction score
yup

Have spent quite a lot of time reading about it and it´s a home made topical that costs almost nada to make =)
What confuses me are the latest rumors about the so called "follicle burnout" that have started. Someone said that his permanent fall out may have been due to zix. This is however the only negative thing I´ve read about it. Compare zix to say crinagen. On crinagen´s home page the recommended dose is up to 3 times a day while Farrel on hairlosshelp suggested 3 times a week! Perhaps he doesn´t want to get sued :roll:

But hey maybe 3 days on zix is a good thing IF you´re taking copper peptides the other four.

Future regiment:

Nizoral: every third day
Zix: 3 days every week
Folligen: 4 days every week
minoxidil 5%: Evenings only
MSM: 2-3000 mg daily

This should do the trick ;)

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have not heard of Follicle Burnout, and I cant find anything on it.

funkster

Reaction score
hi flux

There were intial concerns that zix would lead to systemic zinc overdose, but this was shown to be nigh impossible with the tiny amount of zinc and the relatively poor topical absorption of zix.

This then led to a discussion about follicle burnout - i.e. the concentration of zix in the follicle itself, and its effect as a copper competitor - i.e. copper deficiency in the presence of high zinc concentrations.

However, the fact that there are a number of people who've been applying zinc-based creams on their face/arms etc over a number of years, and have not noticed any follicle damage, seems to support the idea that zix is safe.

As a precaution, it would be wise to add a bit of copper once or twice a week, just to keep the levels in check. Folligen would be a good candidate for that.