ZING. Finasteride is killin' it for me...love it. ha

Reaction score
Yo...I just passed my fourth month on finasteride (120 days). The stuff is kicking some major *** with my hairloss. I've coupled it with my normal minoxidil routine.

At 29 yo, I was about a NW3 w/ thinning in my crown when I started. I'm almost back to a NW2 now, and I hope to get to my old NW1. The thinning crown of my head has thickened up so much, it's almost ridiculous. It's not back 100% yet, but it's going to get there...I can tell.

I used to agonize about the slow loss of my hair...thinning and thinning and thinning. But now it's finally going the OTHER way, and thickening up. It's the best feeling in the world. I hope this sh*t keeps working for the next 10+ years.

I went through a few of the standard sheds too...pretty cyclical even...right at about 1 month...then a really really good one at 2 months...then a smaller one at 3 months. Now at 4 months, I've been waiting for that shed to hit...and nothing yet. I'm pretty sure the bad sheds are over. My hair definitely looked worse before it got better -- so stick with it once you decide to jump on treatment.

Reaction score
I hit just a little bit of loss of libido for a while. It seemed like my libido increased for about the first 1-2 weeks I was on finasteride...and then just fell off the cliff a little bit. It's been a little bit harder to get an erection for the past few months...I really have to tune in. But even that's getting better over the past couple of weeks...seems like its coming back pretty well. That's about it really, except for the sheds.

Dedge89

Reaction score
Aye. Ive been on it for 2 months now and can already notice parts of my hair that were clearly thin before thickening up, I guess I caught it at a good time. It's nothing major, but its definately kicked in this week. I had a bad shed I'd say (I didnt notice more hairs or anything but my hair definately got thinner overall and looked horrible) for the first 2 months but this week it seems to have started growing back thicker in certain parts.

Also on Nizoral for a month. Although my scalp is still very flaky =/

No sides apart from waterish semen (nothing too major). If anything, increased libido :p

peace

voidoid

Reaction score
I agree. It's been two months on finasteride and nizoral for me and I can tell that there are some nice terminal hair coming in at my hairline and my temples are covered in vellus hairs. I'm excited for the next couple of months. I can't wait till it's really noticeable so I can post a success story.

Dedge89

Reaction score
I use Fincar for the record. I've noticed inconsistency from batches like some pills might be harder to break e,t,c but aslong as Im taking them Im still experiencing watery semen so Im sure they're real and working.

Peace

Reaction score
I'm on 1mg finasteride right now. I will probably bump it up to the full 5mg Proscar if it ever starts losing its effectiveness.

I also did notice just a little bit of "runnieness" in my semen too. I forgot to mention that. Not much, but on occasion.

Reaction score
Haha, I know they're the same ingredient.

Can you please just answer me? Is it brand name Propecia or a generic brand you purchased off the internet.. and if so what brand and what site did you buy it from?

Thanks.

Reaction score
It doesn't matter...if it's a legitimate dose of finasteride (1mg), it works exactly the same. So if someone is using Propecia, that's legit. If someone is using a legitimate generic version, that works too.

I don't want to get into a debate about allllllll the different sources of where you can get generic finasteride. If someone is worried about that, then fork out the dough for Propecia. If not, find a reputable source for generic finasteride. It's that simple. They work the same.

Reaction score
I don't understand why you're trying to educate me on the concept of generic medication. I know what generic medication is. Everyone knows what generic medication is. No one was questioning the efficacy of generic medication or trying to "get into a debate about allllllll the different sources of where you can get generic finasteride". It was simply a question out of curiosity as I'm looking to purchase finasteride online for cost purposes and was hoping you might point me in the direction you purchased yours, if it IS INDEED GENERIC.

But don't worry about it you weirdo.

francois_

Reaction score
123000123 said:
I don't understand why you're trying to educate me on the concept of generic medication. I know what generic medication is. Everyone knows what generic medication is. No one was questioning the efficacy of generic medication or trying to "get into a debate about allllllll the different sources of where you can get generic finasteride". It was simply a question out of curiosity as I'm looking to purchase finasteride online for cost purposes and was hoping you might point me in the direction you purchased yours, if it IS INDEED GENERIC.

But don't worry about it you weirdo.

I'm using: Finasta which are 5mg tablets. They're cheaper in the long run by simply cutting them to your preferred strength. A cost of $63 for 30 tablets is unbeatable, considering most other pharmacies are charging $135.00 Wharehouse Pharmacy are by far the cheapest.

Reaction score
Hey man, very impressive on the personal attacks...that's pretty ridiculous. I never once took the time to insult you or talk down at you. I'm still not going to take the time to stoop to those kinds of insecurity levels.

And honestly, I really don't care what you do or don't know about generic medication. Listen to what the dude had to say above this post...he'll help you out. Plus there are a million other places where ppl talk about where they get their finasteride.