Zinc

Jack A

Established Member
Reaction score
Been on finasteride for a month (0.25mg every 3 days)

I've upped my dose of Zinc from 15mg to 30mg cause finasteride was giving me puffy nipples (definately not in my head guys) and Zinc is supposed to stop the conversion of test to estrogen. But I have also heard too much is bad for your hair, do you guys think it will damage my hair too much?

If this is in the wrong place mods then feel free to move it.

Thanks

tedlin01

Established Member
Reaction score
There is alot of rumours and statements going around about Zinc accually being good for Androgenetic Alopecia. The theories behind this is many, one of them being that Zinc only boots testosterone while inhibiting conversation to DHT.

And It won't help you with the puffy nipples, it's not nearly strong enought. If you wan't something to prevent puffy nipples you need to use some other AI(Letrozole or Anastrozole, etc)

Jack A

Established Member
Reaction score
Ah ok thanks, even if it won't prevent puffy nipples I'll stay on 30mg for now. I'll look into what you mentioned, but anything that is known to cause bad sides and it'll feel like i'm just going around in circles.

Vox

Established Member
Reaction score
Been on finasteride for a month (0.25mg every 3 days)

I've upped my dose of Zinc from 15mg to 30mg cause finasteride was giving me puffy nipples (definately not in my head guys) and Zinc is supposed to stop the conversion of test to estrogen. But I have also heard too much is bad for your hair, do you guys think it will damage my hair too much?
I don't know if zinc has anything to do with nipples, but at the dose you describe is not going to damage your hair. If anything, zinc deficiency is what can cause hair loss. Of course this is temporary (as long as you are deficient) and different from Androgenetic Alopecia.

Be careful though as you are near the upper limit for safe zinc intake (40 mg). You don't want zinc to mess up your copper metabolism. An overview with references can be found here.

Jack A

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't know if zinc has anything to do with nipples, but at the dose you describe is not going to damage your hair. If anything, zinc deficiency is what can cause hair loss. Of course this is temporary (as long as you are deficient) and different from Androgenetic Alopecia.

Be careful though as you are near the upper limit for safe zinc intake (40 mg). You don't want zinc to mess up your copper metabolism. An overview with references can be found here.

Thanks for that study was thinking of doubling it to 60mg because I'm just worried about gyno, won't do that unless I'm sure that somethings wrong.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Most men I would imagine take a daily vitamin that has the zinc you need. Plenty of men still going bald suggesting zinc makes no difference in majority of cases at least for hair.