Zinc & Minoxidil

bombscience

Reaction score
Lets see who might have some intelligence to drop:

I have read from reports on Dr. Lee's website that a topical Zinc solution will interact with a topical Minoxidil solution redering it ineffective. Does anyone know if a Zinc dietary suppliment could also counteract the effectiveness of minoxidil?

Thanks.

Stingray

Reaction score
Probably only systemically. The body won't typically use more of a mineral than it needs..so I doubt that any increase in scalp levels of zinc would be negligible at best. In order for any real interaction between zinc and minoxidil to render eachother ineffective would either take a long *** time, or would require equal doses of each.

bombscience

Reaction score
Stingray said:
Probably only systemically. The body won't typically use more of a mineral than it needs..so I doubt that any increase in scalp levels of zinc would be negligible at best. In order for any real interaction between zinc and minoxidil to render eachother ineffective would either take a long *** time, or would require equal doses of each.

right on. that's what i figured. I was just reading the bottle for my multivitamen and I noticed it provides 200% of zinc.

now it might be interesting for those people who use head and shoulders as it has a high dose of topical zinc.