Zinc and B6 internal supplement

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I´ve heard that you have to take the right form of both of them. Anyone knows what are the correct supplements I have to take If I want to get those into my diet??

Have you heard of any supplement where I can get both of them??

Also, I would like to know if some of you have any info related on having zinc and b6 internally.

Thanks for your attention, guys.

zossima

Reaction score
Hi there, It is proven that zinc, in large quantaties inhibits 5alpha reductase, and that vit B6 duplicates it's effectiveness. but this was seen on a lab context.

when taken internally, zinc is not very well absorved by the human body, unless there is also a acid naturaly produced by our bodies, the picolinate acid. (this happens in the large intestin)

In oder to produce picolinate acid, we need several elements, among them, Vit B6 is one of the most effective.

So you can take any form of zinc, but with out Vit B6 or picolinate acid, it will not be absorved and it will have almost no effect on your body.

There is a Zinc Picolinate coumpound by Solgar, it is supossed to be the most absorvbal form of zinc you can find.

zinc picolinate <--- google it

my e-mail is vascoking@hotmail.com

sorry for the poor english.

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, mate. I´ve done some research and I´ve ended buying a zinc celate supplement, and a vitamin b-complex supplement. It´s supposed that vitamin b6 needs to be taken with other b vitamins for enhanced benefits, as I´ve (poorly) understood.

Also, I´m a bit confused with the dosage with zinc. Have you got any suggestions??

Thanks again for your replies, I really appreciate your help, mate.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
It doesn't make any difference what form of vitamin B6 you take. All versions are converted to the active pyridoxal form after ingestion.

Bryan

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Bryan. But the main concern is the form of Zinc, is Zinc chelate well absorbed??