Zap`s Story - (25 / no regimen)

zapper

Reaction score
I am going to be 25 in 2 weeks. I was having very thick and head full of hair last year. I lost a lot of money in gambling about 2 years ago and i suffered Post Traumatic Stress Disorder since then. Now it`s slowly diminishing as i have my family`s support. Due to the depression of taking loss, i chose one convenient practice believing it would relieve my stress - masturbation.

I had been doing it for 2 years and the more depressed i felt, the more i masturbated, until about 3 months ago when i noticed my hair falling off in severe quantities. I was also doing exercises which i believe doubled the stress in my body. Also thoughts of many bad times added to the stress.

I thought my hair loss was due to the fact that my hair had grown too much and needs a hair cut. So, i got a short hair cut and took a shower and i was completely shocked at what i saw... My hair started falling every other day in great quantities and i rushed to my phone camera for a photo of my crown and almost fainted when i saw the photo (Picture-1.x).

[attachment=6:2fuxx9q1]IMAG_0205.jpg[/attachment:2fuxx9q1]
[attachment=5:2fuxx9q1]IMAG_0210.jpg[/attachment:2fuxx9q1]
[attachment=4:2fuxx9q1]IMAG_0211.jpg[/attachment:2fuxx9q1]

Then i did more research into hair loss and learnt that DHT was the main cause of baldness in most men. And the fact that over masturbation and ejaculation aid in conversion of Testosterone in blood to DHT which contributes to blocking of the root of hair follicles. Also since ejaculate contains important minerals and vitamins such as zinc, calcium etc. which our body cannot synthesize naturally and some trace elements as well that are very essential for growth of body including hair, i had to take a serious decision to control masturbation/ejaculation.

My hair loss was sudden and i had literally lost several 10s of 1000s of strands of hair in just 3 or 4 months time. So, from the 31st of july, i have been controlling my habit and i only had 1 ejaculation since then on the 22nd as nocturnal emission. I have been masturbating without ejaculating until September 1st and you can see there was no improvement during the long period of abstinence from ejaculation alone (Pictures-2.x).

[attachment=3:2fuxx9q1]IMAG_0317.jpg[/attachment:2fuxx9q1]
[attachment=2:2fuxx9q1]IMAG_0331.jpg[/attachment:2fuxx9q1]

So, i decided to completely stop even the act of self gratification since the 1st of September. So, for a week all i had was a few erections. I hope my hair grows back after a long period of abstinence.

My latest state of hair on crown (As of today): (Pictures-3.x).

[attachment=1:2fuxx9q1]IMAG_0375.jpg[/attachment:2fuxx9q1]
[attachment=0:2fuxx9q1]Forum.jpg[/attachment:2fuxx9q1]

Currently, from about 7 days ago, i had been engaging myself in simple yoga exercises lasting about an hour and a 10-15 mins meditation. I have cut down on eating chocolates.

Besides, i never had any other harmful/addictive habits. I`m a non smoker, non alcoholic and never did drugs. Also, i`m a vegetarian.

Please feel free to post your comments and suggestions.

Thank you,
zap.

Attachments

• IMAG_0205.jpg
    IMAG_0205.jpg
    486.4 KB · Views: 238
  • IMAG_0210.jpg
    IMAG_0210.jpg
    455.8 KB · Views: 284
  • IMAG_0211.jpg
    IMAG_0211.jpg
    640.2 KB · Views: 264
  • IMAG_0317.jpg
    IMAG_0317.jpg
    340.3 KB · Views: 252
  • IMAG_0331.jpg
    IMAG_0331.jpg
    376.1 KB · Views: 235
  • IMAG_0375.jpg
    IMAG_0375.jpg
    530 KB · Views: 273
  • Forum.jpg
    Forum.jpg
    586.4 KB · Views: 250

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
Re: Zap`s Story - (25yo, no regimen)

The only thing that matters is how sensitive your hair follicles are to DHT and how much DHT you produce.

Honestly, I think if you got on Finasteride you might get full coverage over that thinning bald spot and probably be fine for the rest of your life until a cure or other way to prevent it is found.

ivangennaro

Established Member
Reaction score

Yeah definitely there's some thinning but at least you still have a solid hairline. And that thinning area would be fulfilled easily with a few months on meds. BTW, if you take photos of your crown with wet/gelled hair and camera flash, it would appear thinner than reality. In normal life, people see your hair like the 2nd photo, not the first one in which you have wet hair lightened up badly with a camera flash from above.

Good luck, I'd suggest you to get on finasteride.

zapper

Reaction score

TheGrayMan2001 said:
The only thing that matters is how sensitive your hair follicles are to DHT and how much DHT you produce.

Honestly, I think if you got on Finasteride you might get full coverage over that thinning bald spot and probably be fine for the rest of your life until a cure or other way to prevent it is found.

Thank you very much for your suggestion. I will start taking Finasteride soon. Besides, i would like to know whether i should keep taking the medicine for the rest of my life or discontinue it once my hair is back?

ivangennaro said:
Yeah definitely there's some thinning but at least you still have a solid hairline. And that thinning area would be fulfilled easily with a few months on meds. BTW, if you take photos of your crown with wet/gelled hair and camera flash, it would appear thinner than reality. In normal life, people see your hair like the 2nd photo, not the first one in which you have wet hair lightened up badly with a camera flash from above.

Good luck, I'd suggest you to get on finasteride.

Thank you very much for your suggestion. Yes. Actually i applied virgin coconut oil on my hair as some friends suggested it works great for hair strengthening. Also, since i have very dry skin, the oil seems to make the scalp moist. So, the photo was a reflection of the flash from the coconut oil on my hair.

Yes, i will consider your suggestion.

Besides, i would like to add that i have been taking 1 Vegetarian Omega (3, 6 & 9) and a Multi Vitamin tablet each day without fail.

Should i take Zinc / Iron tablets as well? And, is my Hair loss a Male Pattern Baldness?

Thank you!.

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score

zapper said:
Currently, from about 7 days ago, i had been engaging myself in simple yoga exercises lasting about an hour and a 10-15 mins meditation. I have cut down on eating chocolates.

Besides, i never had any other harmful/addictive habits. I`m a non smoker, non alcoholic and never did drugs. Also, i`m a vegetarian.

Thank you very much for your suggestion. Yes. Actually i applied virgin coconut oil on my hair as some friends suggested it works great for hair strengthening. Also, since i have very dry skin, the oil seems to make the scalp moist. So, the photo was a reflection of the flash from the coconut oil on my hair.

Besides, i would like to add that i have been taking 1 Vegetarian Omega (3, 6 & 9) and a Multi Vitamin tablet each day without fail.

Should i take Zinc / Iron tablets as well? And, is my Hair loss a Male Pattern Baldness?

Thank you!.

None of that will help you stop the process and you will go bald at pretty much the same rate even if you masturbated and had junk food throughout your life.Male pattern baldness is genetic PERIOD.I am glad that I learnt that pretty fast and didn't waste too much time and money on snake oils & stuffs.

These are very early signs of male pattern baldness.But hey at least your hairline is intact and many of us here dont have anything remotely close to that hairline and in my case I didn't have that sort of hairline even when I was a kid.

If you really want your hair back then get on real meds

Minoxidil
Finasteride
Nizoral

I would recommend that you use finasteride ad nizoral at first before hopping onto MIN.

zapper

Reaction score

mpbsux20 said:
zapper said:

Thank you!.

None of that will help you stop the process and you will go bald at pretty much the same rate even if you masturbated and had junk food throughout your life.Male pattern baldness is genetic PERIOD.I am glad that I learnt that pretty fast and didn't waste too much time and money on snake oils & stuffs.

These are very early signs of male pattern baldness.But hey at least your hairline is intact and many of us here dont have anything remotely close to that hairline and in my case I didn't have that sort of hairline even when I was a kid.

If you really want your hair back then get on real meds

Minoxidil
Finasteride
Nizoral

I would recommend that you use finasteride ad nizoral at first before hopping onto MIN.

Hi mpbsux20,

Thank you very much for your suggestions. It seems like Finasteride is the popular word here... But, is it not true that Finasteride has side effects such as Impotence, Erectile Dysfunction and many sexual abnormalities?

Again, i discovered that my hair might be extremely sensitive to DHT as, if i simply run my fingers through any part of my head... Sides, back, crown or even the front, i get a dozen hair falling off and i`m losing hair in dozens simply by running my fingers through my hair... :(.

nickypoos

Established Member
Reaction score

zapper said:
Hi mpbsux20,

Thank you very much for your suggestions. It seems like Finasteride is the popular word here... But, is it not true that Finasteride has side effects such as Impotence, Erectile Dysfunction and many sexual abnormalities?

Again, i discovered that my hair might be extremely sensitive to DHT as, if i simply run my fingers through any part of my head... Sides, back, crown or even the front, i get a dozen hair falling off and i`m losing hair in dozens simply by running my fingers through my hair... :(.

2% of people will expierence side effects due to the raise in estrogen. Your body will get used to the drug if you expierence any side effects at all and they tend to dissappear with continued usage. If you chose to stop taking finasteride from side effects, everything will return to normall within the next week. Don't listen to the scare stories

However, like i said earlier only a very small minority experience side effects, finasteride is a very safe drug which thousands of men use throughout the world daily.

Sides at the back of the hair don't shed due to DHT. Those hair folicles are not sensitive to DHT and will be there all your life, any hairs falling out from these regions are normal and have most likely fell out same as usual and you just never noticed.

zapper

Reaction score

nickypoos said:
2% of people will expierence side effects due to the raise in estrogen. Your body will get used to the drug if you expierence any side effects at all and they tend to dissappear with continued usage. If you chose to stop taking finasteride from side effects, everything will return to normall within the next week. Don't listen to the scare stories

However, like i said earlier only a very small minority experience side effects, finasteride is a very safe drug which thousands of men use throughout the world daily.

Sides at the back of the hair don't shed due to DHT. Those hair folicles are not sensitive to DHT and will be there all your life, any hairs falling out from these regions are normal and have most likely fell out same as usual and you just never noticed.

Hi nickypoos,

Thank you very much for your suggestion. I agree with you that there are little side effects with the medicine.

Besides, my hair on the back and sides don`t seem to fall normally. If i simply touch or swipe my hand through my back and sides every time, i get lots of strands of hair sticking to my hand. The more i do, the more hair comes off. And, if i wash my hair, i get loads of hair falling out. So, unfortunately, i`m really scared to even wash my hair as depressing amounts of hair come out with every wash... :(

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Not washing your hair is only going to make things like itching and inflammation worse.The sooner you forget about all the urban legends of going bald and start meds,the easier it will be to prevent further loss.

Get an appointment with your derm and get a prescription for finasteride.That will be the best possible thing you can do for your hair if you want to keep it.

zapper

Reaction score
I have to see a dermatologist soon. A lot of stress is building up in me. I have discovered that besides all the medical treatments, it is important that i cover up the areas of hair loss as much as possible by combing over and changing my hair style. I have let go any medical treatment for now, as i`m experimenting sexual abstinence as i highly suspect that as a #1 reason to my hair loss. You wouldn`t believe that i had a head full of hair just 6 months ago and i used to get my hair cut every 2 months until recently when hair loss accelerated due to excess heat and not getting any sunlight for 5 months!.

And, being in severe Anxiety and Depression for a personal reason alongside Flu and the depression lead me to masturbate beyond my capacity. Thus i feel it`s obvious to lose hair if i treat myself like that...

Since 31st of july i`m cutting down on stressful activities and try to be more natural and try to go out and be more active, instead of sitting at home and feeling depressed about something or the other.

When i look back at my past, just about an year ago, i was very active and take brisk walks at least 2 Km each day and get a lot of fresh air. And now, in my more recent history, i haven`t seen the sun except for 1 or 2 days a month.

Just trying to imagine how active i was in my school and college years and always faced the sun... at least 50% of each day.

Anyway, Here are my photos of comb-over cover up.

Attachments

• IMAG_0500.jpg
    IMAG_0500.jpg
    617.1 KB · Views: 208
  • IMAG_0501.jpg
    IMAG_0501.jpg
    642.8 KB · Views: 252

nickypoos

Established Member
Reaction score
On your brisk walks whilst your outside, go find a yourself a nice hat becuase your hair will continue to fall out. Also some baggy trousers to conceal your boner.

zapper

Reaction score
nickypoos said:
On your brisk walks whilst your outside, go find a yourself a nice hat becuase your hair will continue to fall out. Also some baggy trousers to conceal your boner.

fair enough... :D