Yuck,big shed(pic)

Ian Curtis

Established Member
Reaction score
After one week's use of minoxidil liquid and a lot of dandruff buildup I removed the minoxidil residues and some dandruff, and of course, to my misfortune,a lot of thinned hair fell out.

[attachment=0:eek:wygj07g]shed2.jpg[/attachment:eek:wygj07g]

Did any of you ever faced a shed this big?
This depresses a lot.

Attachments

• shed2.jpg
    shed2.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 1,280

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yea, that's a pretty big shed...you shouldn't be depressed though...just because the hair falls out doesn't mean the follicle is dead. Those hairs most likely just fell out because they will be replaced by soon-to-be called minoxidil hairs. I really hate the idea of that....that's why I would never use minoxidil myself. I want my real hair. Once you are minoxidil you basically only can use minoxidil to keep your hair. No future/current anti-androgen can save your minoxidil hairs.

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
yea i wouldn't worry,sheds happen........ive put my hands through my hair before and had LOADS of hair come out,its no big deal just keep up treatments!!

Ian Curtis

Established Member
Reaction score
But those tiny little hairs...wrapped with dandruff and minoxidil residue that I pull out,those hairs where probably 2 weeks old,really small.Plus,the area where I'm thinning is pretty large,which doesnt help a lot.
Now I spend all the time looking at other men's hairlines :thumbdown2:
Is it usual to shed so early into treatment with minoxidil?(1 week)
How long will it last?

satch5150

Reaction score
my shed looks like 40% of yours. It started one month after using minoxidil and nizoral. I am in the third month and still no improvement. I am still losing ground and it looks worser every week :(

Primex

Established Member
Reaction score
Well that does look like a lot of hair. I'd probably be freaking a little myself. Have you had any more sheds since this one? I'm kinda confused, what do you mean you removed the minoxidil residue and dandruf? Did you wash your hair and scrub it or something?

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
seriously,ive shed more than that having put my hands through my hair and ive had it happen many times but i always stick to minoxidil/finasteride/nizoral and it comes back better,so yes,STICK WITH IT!!!

Ian Curtis

Established Member
Reaction score
Primex said:
Well that does look like a lot of hair. I'd probably be freaking a little myself. Have you had any more sheds since this one? I'm kinda confused, what do you mean you removed the minoxidil residue and dandruf? Did you wash your hair and scrub it or something?

On that pic, I scrub my scapl with a comb to remove the residue and some of the dandruff. I dont think I shed a lot during the day but since Ive been taking minoxidil it has increased.