YouTube video of bald transexual woman, as a man now.

michael barry

Reaction score
http://youtube.com/watch?v=aKpp_IBCiZM

She discusses going bald (or maybe "he" discusses, as I dont know if this person has had the sexual reassignment surgery done 'down there' or not). S/he has tried propecia and minoxidil and complained of the libido side effect of finasteride. She starts talking about head hair at 5:27 or so in the video.

She also discusses the "second puberty" she faced at 37 and the ensuing acne she had for a few years due to testosterone. She discusses that her body odor is also different now on testosterone than it was when she was female and her beard growth.

THis is very instructive on what one can expect from hormonal therapy. I'd have never guessed that this was once a woman, but a good'ol'boy from Texas who probably liked to fish and hunt. Ive looked at a few other vids of women who "became" men with testosterone injects and am always suprised by how their faces age and become just like men's do---beard, greying of beard and eyebrows, temporal hairloss or even full baldness, wrinkles, eye area ageing, etc. Just like a man. You are your hormones is my point..........

This person has a website, http://www.thetransitionalmale.com/tmen.html#39 that has photos of other women who got on testsoterone therapy. Many have hair that is completely unaffected, some have recessed temples, and a few are completely bald-----just like men for the most part. Most look just like men, some dont look like they take as much testosterone as others and have a "baby" face. But some men are that way too (David Cassidy for instance).

BTW-----I hope none of you guys post any derogatory remarks on that YouTube video. It takes alot of courage for someone to post very personal info like that, and even if you disagree with what she has done----its her right to live that way.-M

I thought this is further illuminating on tesotserone and dihydrotestosterone's influence on hair growth all over the body.

Parting note_--------------------She dicusses wierd hair growth on her scars on her breast removal surgery. The scars are full of hair growth apparently. WNT-singnalling and wound-healing anyone? Our first example of this working in a human. Very interesting.

tembo

Established Member
Reaction score
Youtube is so addictive. Now you have me searching for transsexual and transgender on there!

I have a mtf trans friend and it is amazing what hormones do for you and how little difference there is between man and women physically.

For our purposes, mtf is far more interesting and encouraging than is ftm (like the link you posted).

My mtf friend had all his body hair removed, and her scalp hair grows much longer now! She was never balding though.

michael barry

Reaction score
Tembo,

Its amazing isn't it?

Ive seen some on Maury Povitch's television show years ago and simply had a hard time believing that the "shemales" were actually men with male genitalia and boob jobs. Their weight got redistributed on the hormones and their hips became like womens hips, stomachs flattened, boobs enlarged, faces got softer, body hair shut down (with the help of laser-removal), beards pretty much miniaturized to nil, etc.. Their voices had to be "thrown" though, and their hands were a giveaway if you looked closely. The adams apple that was supposed to be a giveaway is apparantly something that can be addressed surgically now. There was a blonde one and a brunette one on that show that were completely female-looking, and I'd have never guessed in a million years that they were really men.

They are the perfect people to study what hormones do to the human being in my opinion. We can see all of the effects, effects over time, differences in suceptiblity to various disorders and diseases. In a way they are human guinea pigs for science to study.

I really wonder though.............................do these people achieve lasting happiness through what they have done? I hope so for their sake. The female to male transexuals who lose a bunch of their head hair, and see their faces become masculne, beareded, and cut off their breasts.....................kinda cant "go back" like a man who did the same to become a woman could if he really wanted to.

Pondle

Reaction score
Michael, are you saying that there is some hormonally-mediated difference between men and women in the rate of skin ageing? I thought that most visible signs of skin ageing were due to cumulative UV exposure. I'm thinking that your average 40 yr old woman might look younger through use of make-up, whereas most men eschew skincare! :)

michael barry

Reaction score
Pondle,

Look at the picture of these two FEMALE twins (one takes testosterone),
http://www2.oprah.com/tows/slide/200509 ... _102.jhtml

Look at her closer, http://www2.oprah.com/tows/slide/200509 ... _102.jhtml

See that ageing neck, wrinkles on the face the sister does not have? See the greying ageing hair. ????

Look a Buck Angel, as a woman, and just a few years later as a man.....

Here is Buck Angel as a pretty woman,
http://ringmybell.tv/BuckBefore.jpg

Now look at her on testosterone,http://www.transgenderfilmfestival.com/beeld/erotixxx - buck angel sigar.jpg

See the facial ageing.????

This is something Ive noticed over and over when looking at pictures of women who take testosterone. Their faces age, and quite a few begin to go male pattern bald, especially at the temples.

The Alpecin researhcers at the University of Jena in Germany noted that testosterone seemed to age mens hair, but also age men's skin pretty badly comparitively speaking. Its rough on the dermis as a whole.

Webster

Reaction score
Testosterone definitely thickens the epidermis, which can actually cause less wrinkling of face skin but can cause deeper wrinkles if they do occur. Despite what our egos tell us, men and women are remarkably similar in design, its the signals during the steps of development from embryo to puberty that define body shape and those are mainly hormonal. These videos show that.