Your Topical Routine

wilson2

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys.

I'm just wondering about some of the topical routines that people use. I'd like to hear what you guys use and which topicals you combine and when you'll apply them.

I'm wondering specifically in regards to : minoxidil, tricomin, topical anti-androgens, setipiprant.

I really want to add a topical but I'm worried something may adversely affect my minoxidil (my biggest tool in this fight).

wilson2

Established Member
Reaction score
Interesting. Progesterone and Finasteride are very similarly structurally correct. Have you noticed irritation with the high dosage of Minoxidil?

Iopu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
AM: wash with Revita 2 days on / nizoral 2% every third day. Leave in for 10 minutes.

1ml 5% minoxidil. Application focused to temples and crown thinning area.

Midday: minoxidil again.

Evening: 50mg RU with loreal serioxyl.

PM: 1 vial fluridil (I'm debating dropping this due to cost. But it does help on my temples).

I also used to use 15% minoxidil. But dropped it because I found the results / cost / higher chance of sides to be not worth it in comparison with 5%.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Currently I use a topical solution combining .1 ml finasteride = 1mg oral, 30% Minoxidil, .25 ml Progesterone, and .1mg hydrocortisone, all combined in one solution.

Ordered a refill last Monday, but have been using it up to today. (It takes a while).

The hydrocortisone is used to make sure my scalp doesn't reject the high Minoxidil dose. Temporarily using Progesterone until I regrow hair on my
diffuse hairline and vertex.

Are you getting your solution through Murray Ave. Apothecary? That's where mine was formulated. I am about a month into it, so obviously it's too early to judge. I am using the exact same thing as you, with 15% minoxidil instead. What are your results so far? I was on oral finasteride for a year and it just chewed up my hair, bad.

parisienne

Established Member
Reaction score
Progesterone and Finasteride are very similarly structurally correct.

Hi :) I was wondering where you saw/read that. Really interesting as I can't use finasteride. I actually have applied Progesterone cream for two days (until I find something stronger) and I noticed a decrease of my dreadful scalp itch.

warner8

Established Member
Reaction score
whats fluridil ??
AM: wash with Revita 2 days on / nizoral 2% every third day. Leave in for 10 minutes.

1ml 5% minoxidil. Application focused to temples and crown thinning area.

Midday: minoxidil again.

Evening: 50mg RU with loreal serioxyl.

PM: 1 vial fluridil (I'm debating dropping this due to cost. But it does help on my temples).

I also used to use 15% minoxidil. But dropped it because I found the results / cost / higher chance of sides to be not worth it in comparison with 5%.

Iopu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
whats fluridil ??

Fluridil is a topical antiandrogen. After about 6 months use id put it into the same category of topical spironolactone and revivogen (might help but not that good). RU is far better than it.

warner8

Established Member
Reaction score
ok thanks for the info, you know any good topical foe regrowth apart from min?
Fluridil is a topical antiandrogen. After about 6 months use id put it into the same category of topical spironolactone and revivogen (might help but not that good). RU is far better than it.

Bad

Established Member
Reaction score
Currently I use a topical solution combining .1 ml finasteride = 1mg oral, 30% Minoxidil, .25 ml Progesterone, and .1mg hydrocortisone, all combined in one solution.

Ordered a refill last Monday, but have been using it up to today. (It takes a while).

The hydrocortisone is used to make sure my scalp doesn't reject the high Minoxidil dose. Temporarily using Progesterone until I regrow hair on my
diffuse hairline and vertex.

Where do you get your progesterone? Do you buy hydrocortisone in a cream?