Your Thoughts on Dr. Lee's Products

JAD

Reaction score
I've been using Dr. Lee's 5% minoxidil in the morning and 15% Xandrox at night for about 6 months now. I think its too soon to tell if they are working for me. I recently have seen a few posters on here joking about Lee's validity. I was always under the impression that his products were very good, and that he was extremely professional.
I am just wondering everyone's opinions on Dr. Lee as well as any feedback on their success (or lack thereof) with his products (particularly Xandrox 15%.)
Thanks!

beaner

Reaction score
His regular minoxidil products are wonderful....the cleanest, fastest, drying solution I've ever used. It is Dr Lee's claim that azelaic acid inhibits 98% DHT in the scalp that is under fire on this forum. There is no solid evidence backing this claim other than one study done 20 some odd years ago that was performed "in vitro", in a test tube, rather than "in vivo", on actual living tissue. Perhaps Dr Lee truly believes his claim, but if it were true, than his Xandrox solutions should work better than a regular minoxidil/finasteride combo, which they simply don't.

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Based on my experience, xandrox 15 is better than minoxidil 5% liquid or foam. I lost ground when I replaced xandrox 15 with foam for 6 months.
I am back on it again.
You might want to use the foam in the AM and xandrox 15 in the PM.
good luck

StoptheMadness

Established Member
Reaction score
techprof said:
good luck
Agree, but I add one wrinkle to this..... In addition to the Foam in the AM and Xandrox in the PM I have started to add the Foam right after the Xandrox in the PM. Will it help, I dunno?

Sean68

Reaction score
hes certainly not the scammer some people make him out to be.ive only ever used his spironolactone but always found his customer service and delivery times to be really good.

JAD

Reaction score
Thanks for your responses! I guess if the alzaic acid in Xandrox 15 isn't really proven, then I should try and find another form of DHT inhibitor. I am really uncomfortable with propecia at this point (horror stories, sexual side effects, etc.) What are some other alternatives for DHT inhibitors?

Note: I already tried revivogen. Admittedly, I didnt use it long enough to know if it was effective, but I hated the greasy residue and smell!

G

techprof said:
Based on my experience, xandrox 15 is better than minoxidil 5% liquid or foam. I lost ground when I replaced xandrox 15 with foam for 6 months.
I am back on it again.
good luck

tech, this is almost certainly because of the 15% minoxidil concentration in xandrox and not the azelaic acid. in other words, one could save money by mixing their own 15% minoxidil solution or buying a cheaper 15% version online, and not buying dr lee's xandrox.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
I think Dr. Lee makes quality products, but like bryan says, some of his claims seem to be outlandish. :)

G

ShedMaster said:
I think Dr. Lee makes quality products, but like bryan says, some of his claims seem to be outlandish. :)

shed,

let's keep one thing in mind though. dr lee is sexy. he is sexy, baby, yeah!

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
techprof said:
I am back on it again.
good luck

tech, this is almost certainly because of the 15% minoxidil concentration in xandrox and not the azelaic acid. in other words, one could save money by mixing their own 15% minoxidil solution or buying a cheaper 15% version online, and not buying dr lee's xandrox.

Jayman,
I agree with you that minoxidil is the reason. Also 80% alcohol helps with better adsorption.

Note that he needs an acid to dissolve higher concentration minoxidil. Trying to make the same at home will be much more expensive than buying from him.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
JayMan said:
ShedMaster said:

shed,

let's keep one thing in mind though. dr lee is sexy. he is sexy, baby, yeah!

Although I usually try to keep things objective, that is a claim that noone on this forum can deny. His pic has been on the wallpaper of my WinXP for god knows how long.