Your diet and hair loss

PhillyCarter

Banned
Reaction score
So for those that have had a drastic change it what you eat this may contribute to you loosing hair at a fast rate. Those dieting to lose weight should still continue to take vitamins to maintain healthy levels of nutrients in the body. Biotin, a form of vitamin b, is important for hair health and can be taken in pill form. Strands of hair are made from pure protein so protein is very important to maintain healthy strong hair. You should try eating foods such as tofu, kale, beans, chicken, peas, and turkey. Foods with fatty acids are also beneficial to hair health. It actually helps the hair follicles believe it or not. Try foods like tuna and salmon. Crash dieting may eliminate these nutrients from your body causing shedding and hair loss as well as an unhealthy body. Be careful how you diet guys! Hope this helps you all.

PhillyCarter

Banned
Reaction score
Of course! I wish I had the cure because I would cure myself, but I love looking up natural remedies and things we can do not to cure but to boost our health and that includes hair healthy. After all you hair is living and attached to you body so what we put in and out does have some sort of effect on every part of our body including our hair. Suggestions are always helpful even if it isn't a cure.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
WHATEVER BRINGS YOU PEACE OF MIND EAT IT WITH A SMILE!

Reaction score
I stop caring what I eat because I make my own food with stuff I buy from whole foods and cook at home.

I think the boozing and smoking is causing my hair loss; womanizing too.

I doubt any person lacks biotin, unless there is some kind of a medical problem. The only time you're most likely to lack biotin is when you're suffering from malnutrition and you're in a third world country. If you are in front of a computer, I doubt you're suffering from a lack of biotin or certain any other vitamins.

AntiAndrogen

Reaction score
What is considered crash dieting? I have been losing weight since late last year after maybe 2.5 years of just living like a slob, doing all the things you're not supposed to - boozing and other drugs, smoking, multiple takeaway meals a week (pizzas, curry etc), the most sedentary lifestyle you could imagine. I ended up at least 2 stone overweight, probably more, worst shape of my life. So, from about October/November of last year I stopped all of that ****, my diet has changed and I have gone down at least 2 notches on my belt.

However, I also started dutasteride after 2 years of unsatisfying finasteride use only about 2-3 months before my dietary changes were made. In 2014 I have been losing hair faster than I can remember and I wonder whether dutasteride (0.5 mg daily) or diet is most likely the reason. This is my typical day:

1st meal:
2 or 3 sandwiches each consisting of:
brown bread
buttered (with benecol - which is marketted as a healthy butter that reduces your cholesterol)
slice of ham
4 slices of cucumber
2 big lettuce leaves

2nd meal:
3 tortilla wraps made from:
chicken breast
1/2 tin chopped tomatoes
red or green pepper
half an onion
4-6 handfuls of mixed salad leaves

I might have the odd piece of fruit randomly too but not regularly. It's about 1200 - 1500 calories per day depending on how hungry I am.

So yeah, I have been very happy with the weight I've lost, I'm not too far from having a flat stomach again and my clothes are starting to get baggy on me. Do you think my diet is missing anything though? I've been very consistent with what I've just described.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Watch the ham man, it's often overloaded with salt. How's your fluid intake? If it's low keep flushing daily with spring water and unsweetened tea (green tea is allegedly a good detoxifier, but black is fine). Thanx for sharing and all the best

AntiAndrogen

Reaction score
Watch the ham man, it's often overloaded with salt. How's your fluid intake? If it's low keep flushing daily with spring water and unsweetened tea (green tea is allegedly a good detoxifier, but black is fine). Thanx for sharing and all the best

I probably have about 5 big glasses of water a day which I'd estimate is about 1.25-1.5 litres overall. The ham doesn't taste particularly salty to be honest, I'm eating it now.

psyhotria

Banned
Reaction score
Do you think my diet is missing anything though?
Yes it looks like your diet is deficient in many nutrients (although you did not specify with respect to the quantities). Obvious nutrients that come to mind: vitamin k2, choline, possibly magnesium, potassium, calcium etc etc. It would be advisable to use a nutrition software to control all parameters. One such free web based service is for example cronometer.com

AntiAndrogen

Reaction score
Yes it looks like your diet is deficient in many nutrients (although you did not specify with respect to the quantities). Obvious nutrients that come to mind: vitamin k2, choline, possibly magnesium, potassium, calcium etc etc. It would be advisable to use a nutrition software to control all parameters. One such free web based service is for example cronometer.com

Is this something I can take care of with a daily pill or does it have to be actual food that I get these nutrients from? And if it must be food, which ones, and must it also be eaten every day?