YoungPunks Progress (With Pics!)

YoungPunk

Reaction score
Hey! So for about the past year I have been reading these forums but never joined. I joined up today to show my progress though :). If you want back story I have a post in the introduction area but as for here I'm just gonna give you the raw facts and pictures.

started balding around 20. I'm now 24. Been using Propecia for just under a full year. Been Using Revivogen, Tricomin and Nizoral for 6 months. Started using Rogaine Foam about 2 months ago. About 6 months ago I had my worst shed yet. thats what prompted me to start getting serious about this and I have taken pictures every single week for the past 24 weeks. For time sake though I'll show you week 1, week 12, and week 24. Tell me honestly what you think about the progress. If the progress keeps up like this for the next 6 months I'll be doing pretty damn good I think :).

A quick note about the pictures. I brushed my hair in a way that would show the balding spots the best, used no hair products, was in a room with bright lights and used a flash on my camera. ( and also dyed my hair black 3 weeks before the last pictures )

Week 1, 12, and 24 Full front shot
Front.jpg

Front2.jpg

Front3.jpg

Week 1, 12, and 24 Side shots
Sides1.jpg

Sides2.jpg

Sides3.jpg

Week 1, 12, and 24 front/top shots
TopFront1.jpg

TopFront2.jpg

TopFront3.jpg

Week 1,12, and 24 top shots
Top1.jpg

Top2.jpg

Top3.jpg

So I can almost start doing cool stuff with my hair again! mwehehe! :hairy:

SkylineGTR

Experienced Member
Reaction score
looking good. your hair was progressing like mine was just not as fast as me.

good comeback... we can be the comeback kids hah.

frontal

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
YoungPunk said:
Hey! So for about the past year I have been reading these forums but never joined. I joined up today to show my progress though :). If you want back story I have a post in the introduction area but as for here I'm just gonna give you the raw facts and pictures.

started balding around 20. I'm now 24. Been using Propecia for just under a full year. Been Using Revivogen, Tricomin and Nizoral for 6 months. Started using Rogaine Foam about 2 months ago. About 6 months ago I had my worst shed yet. thats what prompted me to start getting serious about this and I have taken pictures every single week for the past 24 weeks. For time sake though I'll show you week 1, week 12, and week 24. Tell me honestly what you think about the progress. If the progress keeps up like this for the next 6 months I'll be doing pretty d*** good I think :).

A quick note about the pictures. I brushed my hair in a way that would show the balding spots the best, used no hair products, was in a room with bright lights and used a flash on my camera. ( and also dyed my hair black 3 weeks before the last pictures )

Week 1, 12, and 24 Full front shot
Front.jpg

Front2.jpg

Front3.jpg

Week 1, 12, and 24 Side shots
Sides1.jpg

Sides2.jpg

Sides3.jpg

Week 1, 12, and 24 front/top shots
TopFront1.jpg

TopFront2.jpg

TopFront3.jpg

Week 1,12, and 24 top shots
Top1.jpg

Top2.jpg

Top3.jpg

So I can almost start doing cool stuff with my hair again! mwehehe! :hairy:

Congrats man.
Same frontal baldness like mine.

Me 32 years old though...a bit late realizing it.

Just bought Nizoral and Pregaine and no finasteride.
Hope it works since some of us here did succeed without finasteride and either with Rogaine + Nizoral, Rogaine alone, Rogaine and finasteride or big3.

Knendell

Established Member
Reaction score
What do you think contributed the most to the regrowth? If I am correct you have been on rogaine for 2 months. That wouldn't give those results in that short of time would it? Either way you are a lucky SOB.

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
great results man, keep up with it this looks like it could turn out to be an amazing recovery

G

gsxr60097 said:
What do you think contributed the most to the regrowth? If I am correct you have been on rogaine for 2 months. That wouldn't give those results in that short of time would it? Either way you are a lucky SOB.

probably the rogaine. really doubt propecia would give regrowth results like that and hes been on it a year

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
probably the rogaine. really doubt propecia would give regrowth results like that and hes been on it a year

read again. there's a big difference between wk1 and wk12, which is before he even started the rogaine.

frontal

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I envy you man.

I'll be the happiest man in the world if I succeed in growing my hair back.

kalbo

Established Member
Reaction score
The final results are a little deceiving considering you dyed your hair, but you still tell that you made great progress. You must be extremely happy right now.

Stu85

Established Member
Reaction score
kalbo said:
The final results are a little deceiving considering you dyed your hair, but you still tell that you made great progress. You must be extremely happy right now.

Would dying his hair black actually create the illusion of more hair? I've heard people say this, but I don't think it's true. Surely if the hair is black and the scalp is white then the contrast between the two would make any thinning more apparent than usual?

AquaNet

Reaction score
Stu85 said:
kalbo said:

Would dying his hair black actually create the illusion of more hair? I've heard people say this, but I don't think it's true. Surely if the hair is black and the scalp is white then the contrast between the two would make any thinning more apparent than usual?

Nice results man, maybe I should get on Propecia right now.. I have black hair as my natural color with a white scalp, seems like with the thinning I can cover it up better having darker hair then shades of brown.

YoungPunk

Reaction score
Yeah, if you read my post I dyed my hair black a couple weeks before the last pictures were taken. I did that because I originally got my hair streaked by a profressional and she botched the crap out of it. I had spots on one side of my head and looked like a skunk on the top so I said screw that and dyed it black. The results are real no matter what color my hair is. the pictures are well lit and I used a flash and my scalp is still white ;-). I'll take follow up pictures in another 2 months or so when the color has grown out to see if black hair really does covor it up better.

AussieExperiment

Established Member
Reaction score
Great Results

YoungPunk results like yours are extremely rare. You have seen some great improvement. Congratulations.

WhoRya

Reaction score
wow, way to go. r u using propecia or proscar? do u get your prescription from a doctor or online pharmacy? sorry for the interrogation, just thought i'd ask b/c you r obviously doing something right.