Experienced Member
Reaction score
check this out....

http://www.baldtruthtaIk.com/showthread.php?t=5070

damn, and they say hair loss cant be lethal :jackit:

Chris87

Established Member
Reaction score
I read through some of this guys posts on the propecia help forum (http://www.propeciahelp.com/forum/viewt ... f=3&t=1742)

It sounds to me like he was sort of predisposed to having mental issues to begin with and also may have been a significant user of drugs and alcohol in the past. It sounds like it was just the perfect storm of someone who was heavily predisposed to mental issues, combined with drug/alcohol use, combined with side effects from finasteride and dutasteride.

I mean the fact that he had such horrible side effects on finasteride, and decided to take dutasteride anyway sort of tells me maybe he wasnt in the best mental shape to begin with....and the fact that he continued on the drugs for such a long time (over a year)

So I dont think finasteride necessarily 100% did this to him...it seems to me to be a combination of a person who was unbalanced to begin with, drug and alcohol use, and sides from finasteride/dutasteride.

Part of it that confused me too was he describes not being able to understand what people are saying when they speak, not being able to read, not being able to spell properly, his IQ diminishing etc but yet he is able to type out fairly long, coherent posts without spelling mistakes and fairly good punctuation (considering its the internet)

Prop

Established Member
Reaction score
Chris87 said:
So I dont think finasteride necessarily 100% did this to him...it seems to me to be a combination of a person who was unbalanced to begin with, drug and alcohol use, and sides from finasteride/dutasteride.

suicide is a combination of variables, but i don't put all blame on drug alcohol

also for some mental balanced people, losing virility can be devastating

Nene

Reaction score
I agree with some of the posts above. This is very sad. Perhaps finasteride or dutasteride did have a role in his suicide. But it's dishonest to blame it all on finasteride. He was on dutasteride which is much stronger, and had other psychological issues. It's not like he was a 100% emotionally and mentally healthy young man who took finasteride for a few weeks and then committed suicide all because of finasteride.

T

Timi

i think suicide from his Hairloss and not from finasteride

Timi

Hillaro

Reaction score
Really sad and my condolence are with there family. How would they deal with it. May GOD give them patience.

armandein

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, very sad...., condolences, but clearly in this case it was a combination of hairloss with meds

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Im sorry for the family and the kid too, very sad :( but he had some issues and the sides from finasteride was just what it took .... i hope every day so that drug will get out of market.

cuebald

Reaction score
Was this that nutcase "concerned22" who kept posting on Youtube that finasteride was worse than Heroin and that it bent his penis to the left?