Young guy with a problem

gino1

Reaction score
I have just recently started school and my hairline is continually creeping back. This has been occurring since I was 16 and now I am 19. I am an asian male and my hair loss has reached to Norwood 2.5 similar to my fathers. It is not just that the hairline is extremely crooked but it is high and had has a slope. I am now pondering whether to shave it all off until I have money for hair transplant. I have been wearing a hat for a while and it is simply bothersome. I dont want to have a comb over and keep worrying about it. If I were to cut my hair, I don't know if it would suit me because I have a child like Asian face and also because everyone around has perfect hair. I dont have facial hair and I think I would definitely look like a cancer patient. Anyone have any recommendations as to what to do next? I feel like I am hitting rock bottom during the time in which I am supposed to enjoy life.

toocoolforhair

Established Member
Reaction score
I would buzz it while you decide your next course of action. It might make it look like you have a full head of hair.

cuebald

Reaction score
Unfortunately not many treatments can acceptably grow temple hair back. Your only option is to maintain what you have, by using Finasteride.

Try using minoxidil if you want, but the changes of you getting back a NW1 are slim.
If you want a hair transplant you'll really need to be on finasteride anyway.

If you want a hair transplant ONLY get FUE, btw.
If you want to shave it afterwards you won't be stuck with a big strip scar.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Too young for a hair transplant.