young guy needs hair transplant

veritasvosliberabit

Reaction score
well i have a messed up hairline since birth and want hair transplant. How many grafts would I need?

2lleng4.jpg

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
is that your natural hairline or have you lost hair from male pattern baldness?

veritasvosliberabit

Reaction score
2mrtrlw.jpg

15na8mv.jpg

29z244h.jpg

here are some more pics of the horrid hairline. My hairline was probable a millimeter lower at birth lol. So id say this is what I had my whole life.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Its a high hairline but since its his natural hairline I would'nt recommend a hair transplant at a young age. Unless there is absolutley no history of m.p.b in his family.

veritasvosliberabit

Reaction score
Haven't seen any male pattern baldness in family and other relatives. How many grafts would I approximately require for FUE, specifically towards the lowered aggressive approach.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Seriously I would'nt go much more than 1cm forward (it will make a big difference) you could dense pack 12/1300 grafts into that.

s.a.f

Reaction score
5 cm is ridiculous and would use up your entire donor area.

Unless you want a hairline like Dot Cotton
[attachment=0:29oarmqa]dot_fag_29jun07_rex_200.jpg[/attachment:29oarmqa]

Attachments

• dot_fag_29jun07_rex_200.jpg
    dot_fag_29jun07_rex_200.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 1,939

Tdevil

Established Member
Reaction score
You need to post a pic of yourself without pulling back your hair. Of what I've seen so far your hair looks good. Nothing I would personally feel self conscious about.

Just look at Joseph Bruce (AKA Violent J, Insane Clown Posse) on the far right.

icp1.jpg

He's had that hairline for MANY years. He's always had a high hairline and has been known to complain about it in interviews about having a huge forehead. (However, he used to wear his hair in dreadlocks which may have done some damage.)

sphlanx2006

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I dont know how much you have researched about hair transplants but you will soon realise that any proven good doctor will talk you out of such an agressive approach exept maybe Dr. Armani.

If you dense pack 1 or 2 cm the difference will be HUGE. If you choose to dense pack (you have to dense pack because its the hairline) 5 cm you will need at least 4,000 grafts which is the median donor capacity for most people. So in case your hairline goes up another 2-3 cm you will end up with a 2-3cm hairless isle and trust me that will be hidius!

It is essential to realize the limited capabilities of hair transplant. If you dont, you might be tricked by a scum-doctor who will promise you a lot, will charge you a lot and end up with a mediocre(at best) result.

Rwt_Raj

Established Member
Reaction score
veritasvosliberabit said:
well I guess than 4 cm is good. Well my hairline is crooked so I dont think ill waste my whole donor area.

I'd say 2000 to 2500 grafts minimum.
Do you have good thick body and beard hair as reserve in case you go bald in future?

s.a.f

Reaction score
Rwt_Raj said:
Do you have good thick body and beard hair as reserve in case you go bald in future?

Body hair is not something people should be considering as real donor hair, its purely for use in extreme cases when all real donor has been completley used up.
I dont want any guys out there thinking that they can count non head hair as part of their donor. Otherwise even nw7's will be thinking that they can go ahead and get a teenage hairline done.
This guy has a lot to learn, he sounds like a unethical dr's dream patient but no decent surgeon would even consider lowering a young persons hairline by 5cm.

Eureka

Established Member
Reaction score
Your not losing your hair, It would be quite a mistake to use donor hair that in the future could be valuable if you really do have a reason for a hair transplant. Actually considering how bothered you are by this I would assume if you really did start to lose your hair you'd have an impossible time accepting it and would have to have a hair transplant. Yet that would be quite difficult if you waste your donor hair.

Rwt_Raj

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
[quote="Rwt_Raj":37st4ei4]Do you have good thick body and beard hair as reserve in case you go bald in future?

Body hair is not something people should be considering as real donor hair, its purely for use in extreme cases when all real donor has been completley used up.
I dont want any guys out there thinking that they can count non head hair as part of their donor. Otherwise even nw7's will be thinking that they can go ahead and get a teenage hairline done.
This guy has a lot to learn, he sounds like a unethical dr's dream patient but no decent surgeon would even consider lowering a young persons hairline by 5cm.[/quote:37st4ei4]

You will find cases like his on most hair transplant doctors' websites.
And, no! body hair is not the last resort. For those with thick body hair, it makes sense to use them from the start. Mix them with scalp hair. No one wants head hair in one region and only chest or beard hair in other.

Sorry to say, but I dont agree with your take on bht. Its illogical and wrong.

BTW, a Norwood 7 can go for hair transplant too. Its just that one has to remember the limitations and plan accordingly.
The best example is right here on this link
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=47497

s.a.f

Reaction score
Thats the only half decent NW7 hair transplant I've ever seen.