You who benefited from accutane

Loster

Reaction score
I read a couple of posts telling the story about how accutane halted their hair loss. This is similar to my experience. I was on 20mg/day for about 9 months to treat acne. A month or two (not really sure) before the accutane treatment I noticed more and more hair falling off, but I decided to start medication anyway. A few weeks into treatment my hair loss started to decrease and finally stopped totally. This coincided with my hair getting dryer and dryer. I usually have very oily hair and need to wash very often, but with dry hair I could go a week without washing it. It would still be very fresh. So for the rest of the treatment I hardly lost a single hair. My hair was very strong and good looking. However I am not sure if there was any good growth because at that time I hadnt lost so much hair. After the accutane treatment my hair started to get oily very fast again, and after two weeks I was losing very much hair as before.

Now I want to ask others who had the same experience if you started taking accutane again and if the same result happened. What dose and duration of accutane? Do usually have oily hair? For how long did accutane inhibit your sebum production? Did you notice simultaneity between changed sebum level and changes in hair loss?

I also want to here from others who has been taking low dose of accutane but without benefit for hair. Dose and duration? Do you have oily hair?

floydian

Reaction score
I use Nizoral 2% two times per day, and my sebum is much better. I notice decresead shedding. Too much nizoral cause sides like another anti androgens, but in normal using (1ml per day) it's cool!

Hair101

Reaction score
Had the exact same experience with Accutane. 60mg/day for 4 months. Oily hair before starting on Accutane, no more sebum within a week of starting Accutane and hair loss count decreased about 90 percent. Effect of Accutane lasted for about a month after stopping, and sebum production was back full blown, losing just as much hair as before.