you think I need it done?

sadhairloss

Reaction score
let me know if you think I should stick to propecia started 4 months ago plus Nizoral and minoxidil or go for an hair transplant? I think I am Diffuse..

let me know what you think

hellohello

Established Member
Reaction score
I think keep waiting till 8-12 months before getting on minoxidil.

minoxidil is good and works well, but try to keep it to a minimum and use it later if needed.

biff

Established Member
Reaction score
They say to try Propecia for a year and if you don't see any results by then it most likely won't work for you. I have been taking it for 5 months and haven't yet seen any results, mind you, I am taking a reduced dosage due to getting sides.

gianniem

Reaction score
help

Sadhairloss,

I see that you have not been on medication very long and I was wondering what your degree of hairloss is because if you haven't seen an increase in recession then it may possibly work for you. I would give it some time but what are your goals for restoration and do you have minor or major hairloss?

ash900

Reaction score

yeah, that diffuse thing again! :-x I just hope to hell I'm not a diffuse because I want a hair transplant.

I'm 24 and have been on Propecia for about 11 months? (Kinda lost count actually) just started using Nizoral last week (Don't use minoxidil cause i'm scared of it)

I've been thru alot of changes, a few small sheds (a few weeks long generally) saw some new growth... i've hit the big shed last month.
Have been shedding for at least 1 month now, bit scarey. But I'm just waiting for it to stop and then hopefully I'll see some new growth.
Overall I've seen quite a reasonable amount of new growth on my hairline but at the same time a little further back from my hairline has started to thin!

It's quite a rollercoaster being on Propecia... I'm just waiting it out, I would love to get a hair transplant done but I think I'm too young, so what I'm doing is just taking my pills and in a few years (depending on what kind of results I see from my propecia) I'll get a hair transplant done then...