you are not bald

ginald

Established Member
Reaction score
hairlossforum is ruled by the god of paranoia.

or more precisely his disciples...they are everywhere on this site.

all you who enter this site should hold a clove of garlic or brandish a protective charm lest you be defiled .

now repeat after me:

norwood 1 is not bald

norwood 2 is not bald

norwood 3 is maybe starting to show.....

norwood 7...now that's bald and deserving of paranoia.

get it right all you norwood 1 and 2 tarts....you're playing at it

lol

G

Long since realized all of ginald's posts are a waste of time. Ginald plays on our insecurities.

:D

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
He´s reasonable.

In fact I find it more reasonable than using a full head of hair as an avatar in a hair-loss forum, beyond any other consideration...

docj077

Reaction score
The goal of any good disease treatment first involves prevention. By whatever means necessary.

That's simple medical knowledge.

If someone is balding, no matter what the Norwood, they are entitled to treatment and self-preservation.

Having an emotional breakdown doesn't allow you to ridicule those with the will to change their own lives. A person doesn't have to accept change when they don't have to change in the first place.

G

Solo said:
He´s reasonable.

In fact I find it more reasonable than using a full head of hair as an avatar in a hair-loss forum, beyond any other consideration...

What other considerations did you have in mind? It is my hair and I can use it as my avatar if I want.

I echo what Doctor said in that prevention is key. Obsessive people at Norwood 2 will probably stay obsessive and this determination will bring results.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Most nw2's feel as though they have a flashing neon 'balding' sign above their heads. The more hair you lose the more you get used to it.
Jayman when you get to nw4 you will realise that your hair now looked great.
Dont rip into Ginald he's a 'proper' baldy and therefore commands more respect in the m.p.b brotherhood.

G

s.a.f said:
Most nw2's feel as though they have a flashing neon 'balding' sign above their heads. The more hair you lose the more you get used to it.
Jayman when you get to nw4 you will realise that your hair now looked great.
Dont rip into Ginald he's a 'proper' baldy and therefore commands more respect in the m.p.b brotherhood.

1) It is very unlikely that I will ever get to NW4. I am on Avodart, which should keep me well below NW3 for at least a couple of decades, and by then hair cloning and better drugs/topicals will be out. I don't understand why some people on here think that later Norwood stages are an inevitability for people, especially with drugs like Propecia and Avodart available.

2) Why should someone further along on the Norwood scale command more respect than someone at the beginning of the process? We are all in the same boat here. I could even make an argument that he commands less because he encourages some people on here to drop their treatments, give up and accept being bald.

s.a.f

Reaction score
My post was meant to be sarcastic! I had a feeling that it would get a swift response from you though.
I know that you are on meds and its more than likely that you will hold steady, but I was just giving a perspective from someone who's been through the stages.

G

s.a.f said:
My post was meant to be sarcastic! I had a feeling that it would get a swift response from you though.
I know that you are on meds and its more than likely that you will hold steady, but I was just giving a perspective from someone who's been through the stages.

Haha you guessed correctly! How was I supposed to realize that your post was sarcastic though? I never thought it because a lot of your posts to me are very serious.

ginald

Established Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
What other considerations did you have in mind? It is my hair and I can use it as my avatar if I want. [end quote]

so, jayman, that is really your head under that luxurious (to me) head of hair in the avatar?

wow! its a full head of hair, man.

i only got to cracking up when i reached rab c nesbitt status.....that's s.a.f's avatar...a reet cult hero....but nw1.5 has got you crucified and that's not to pick on you alone because there is so many others like you on here.

anyway, whatever YOU may think, to 99% of people, you aint bald and you can screech as long as you want but you still aint bald and maybe never will be, if your treatment works or you're not full male pattern baldness predisposed.

lol

IBM

Reaction score
I think Jayman's hairline on his avatar is not very good and deserves some attention (of him of course). I saw it in other perspectives (and i wrote the same).

G

IBM said:
I think Jayman's hairline on his avatar is not very good and deserves some attention (of him of course). I saw it in other perspectives (and i wrote the same).

You,re right, IBM. My hairline was in bad shape and it had receded quite a bit. Fortunately dutasteride seems to be bringing it back for me.

And yes Ginald that avatar is me, I took it from this page of my tell your story thread when I posted a pic update:

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions ... c&start=50

My hair looks a lot worse when it's wet and/or not combed forward, like here:

http://img244.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pics066gd5.jpg

kaner529

Reaction score
With all of the drugs available today to fight male pattern baldness, people who are in the early stages...such as jayman and myself...are very lucky, but that doesnt mean that we aren't goin bald. If I dont stay on propecia and minoxidil than within 2 years I'll have lost half of my hair. I am a diffuse thinner with a receding hairline and a thinning crown. Now to most people it wouldnt appear as if my hair is bad at all....but at one time it was...I'm goin to post my before and after to let all of you make judgements. I have seen people arguing about whos bald and whos not. This board is not for people who are bald....it is for help with coping with hairloss...which obv we are all going through otherwise we wouldnt be here......

http://s132.photobucket.com/albums/q19/kaner529/

G

kaner529 said:
With all of the drugs available today to fight male pattern baldness, people who are in the early stages...such as jayman and myself...are very lucky, but that doesnt mean that we aren't goin bald. If I dont stay on propecia and minoxidil than within 2 years I'll have lost half of my hair. I am a diffuse thinner with a receding hairline and a thinning crown. Now to most people it wouldnt appear as if my hair is bad at all....but at one time it was...I'm goin to post my before and after to let all of you make judgements. I have seen people arguing about whos bald and whos not. This board is not for people who are bald....it is for help with coping with hairloss...which obv we are all going through otherwise we wouldnt be here......

http://s132.photobucket.com/albums/q19/kaner529/

i'd say you're about where i am, kaner. your crown is worse than mine but i'm diffuse across the mid scalp region on top, so it evens out. i think that if you start to thin again on propecia and switch to avodart, you can probably stay below NW4 for your entire life, and that's assuming no other treatments come out in the next couple decades, which is kinda ridiculous. one hair cloning company is already in phase II of testing so it will likely be here within a decade. and docj077 was mentioning stuff about anti-fibrotic topicals hitting the market in the near future, so the future is very bright. and of course there's always hair transplant's as well.

you are right that this board is for everyone, from people with minimal degrees of hair loss to people with complete degrees of hair loss. it can even be for people who aren't even balding yet but have a poor family history. they can learn about male pattern baldness in advance so they'll know to get a propecia prescription at the first sign of it or whatever. much easier to maintain than to regrow.

i think ginald said that 99% of people can't notice, i personally think it's more like 80%, but even if it is 99%, I don't want ANYONE to be able to notice at all.

kaner529

Reaction score
I think for now I am content with propecia. Im only 19 and I figure if this can hold my thickness for say 3-5 more years Ill be ready for a hair transplant or maybe the hair cloing if it actually comes out and is affordable. The problem with dutasteride is that while theres a good chance I wont see sides...no doctor would EVER reccomend that to me and that scares me. My hair is very important to me...especially at this age when image matters most...but I dont know if its worth risking the balance I have already thrown off a bit my taking finasteride. I did contemplate it for a while but I decided it wasn't worth it. On a side note, the real reason why I started taking propecia in the first place was because I couldnt take the comments from people about how I'm going bald, or how thin my hair is. I havent heard someone say that in 6 months and Ill take that based on what my expectations were.
Has anyone noticed thinning body hair? My leg hair seems to have thinned out a good deal since I have been on propecia.

Skaff

Established Member
Reaction score
kaner529 said:
I think for now I am content with propecia. Im only 19 and I figure if this can hold my thickness for say 3-5 more years Ill be ready for a hair transplant or maybe the hair cloing if it actually comes out and is affordable. The problem with dutasteride is that while theres a good chance I wont see sides...no doctor would EVER reccomend that to me and that scares me. My hair is very important to me...especially at this age when image matters most...but I dont know if its worth risking the balance I have already thrown off a bit my taking finasteride. I did contemplate it for a while but I decided it wasn't worth it. On a side note, the real reason why I started taking propecia in the first place was because I couldnt take the comments from people about how I'm going bald, or how thin my hair is. I havent heard someone say that in 6 months and Ill take that based on what my expectations were.
Has anyone noticed thinning body hair? My leg hair seems to have thinned out a good deal since I have been on propecia.

Nice results! Your 'before' pic is similar to me.

Unfortunately, cloning isn't going to help the fact that it's very difficult to perform hair transplants on diffuse thinners. We really need another break through, and fast.

G

Oh I didn't even realize that there were before and after pics. Yeah great improvement definitely kaner.

sphlanx2006

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I am a norwood 2 progressing to 3 with thinning. Although I curse the time and place where 2 years ago i decided it was too early to get on meds, the thought thate there is a good chance to not progress past 3 for the next 4-5 years has given me peace of mind. And i am only 19. I hope this forums gets staffed up by paranoid NW2s who will catch it early and stay like that forever.

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ginald said:
hairlossforum is ruled by the god of paranoia.

or more precisely his disciples...they are everywhere on this site.

all you who enter this site should hold a clove of garlic or brandish a protective charm lest you be defiled .

now repeat after me:

norwood 1 is not bald

norwood 2 is not bald

norwood 3 is maybe starting to show.....

norwood 7...now that's bald and deserving of paranoia.

get it right all you norwood 1 and 2 tarts....you're playing at it

lol

I definately know what you mean, NW1 and 2 are not 'bald' but as the other posts have mentioned.. the degree of the hairloss is actually unimportant, someone in the early stages of balding is no less worthy than someone with no hair at all, in fact.. some could argue that those of you that are already too far into your hairloss will never actually achieve satisfactory regrowth anyway therefore should probably just retain some self respect and learn to deal with it, the rest of us actually have a real chance of prevention. :wink:

ginald

Established Member
Reaction score
like the anorexic who sees themselves as fat when everyone else sees them as bald so the Norwood 1 or nw2 sees themselves as bald when everyone else sees them as thin.

....somehow that doesnt sound quite right but it makes as much sense as some of the stuff i read on here.

if you Norwood 1's and 2's ever get to Norwood 7 then you will look back at those days with longing rather than the nightmare you feel you are in at the moment.

losing our hair is a reminder of our mortality....at some stage we have to face up to it.

at present we are cowering under the bedclothes.

:shock: