Yet Another Small Change on Intercytex's Website

DarklyCharming

Established Member
Reaction score
The summary of their planned Phase progression has changed to this:

Phase I clinical trials (safety) have been completed in seven volunteers at a single UK transplant centre. No safety issues have arisen and five out of the seven patients have shown increased hair numbers. Safety studies will be followed by a multi-centre Phase II clinical trial on patients with male pattern baldness. The Phase II trial is planned for the first half of 2006 and will be performed in both the UK and North America. A Phase III trial for both male pattern baldness and female diffuse alopecia will be conducted in 2007.

Quick note: If you are thinking you can jump in on the clinical trials and get it done, you need to be over 40 I think and have at least a NW5.

matt_1_

Reaction score
DarklyCharming said:
Quick note: If you are thinking you can jump in on the clinical trials and get it done...

U read my mind...

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Darkly,

How do you know how to qualify to participate in the clinical trials? I took a peek at their website, but I didn't see a link to anything that mentioned the requirements of NW5 or age requirements.

That would be great. It would mean they are confident that their product really works, if they are gearing their studies toward NW5's.

Thanks for the updates. Keep us posted.

DarklyCharming

Established Member
Reaction score
I can't immediately quote the source but I remember reading an interview where a scientist for Intercytex said they wanted obviously bald guys for the study so that it was shown to work well. I'll scout around for it.

follijinxed

Established Member
Reaction score
There is a thread on hairsite (think that was the forum) where someone could have participated in the clinical trial but didn't because he said they tattoo your head and only do a couple hairs and he didn't want to look like a freak.

Surprisingly, it was a pretty emotional thread filled with cheers and jeers for his decision. They are probably having trouble finding people to participate if you have to tattoo your head and look a little freaky.

But anyways, he said that they wanted older really bald people for the trial.

DarklyCharming

Established Member
Reaction score
Off topic but follijinxed... Blue Velvet?