year and a half in...

Status
Not open for further replies.

acd483

Reaction score
I'm 23 and started noticing hairloss at 21, but didn't take action (mainly out of denial) but one my roommates and best friends was losing his hair and had started minoxidil. After 8 months, his hair had filled in so I started propecia as I wasn't ready to deal with the twice daily application of minoxidil. After a year of propecia, I wasn't losing my hair, however my hair hadn't filled in as much as I was looking for so I started minoxidil four months ago.

My baby hair was blonde, but I became a brunette when I was a kid. My hair, when it was thinning, reverted back towards blonde and now it's all back to dark and brown. My friends asked whether I was dying my hair! Furthermore I always had wavy hair, but as it thinned it became straighter. Now I'm back to wavy and my coverage in back is filling in surprisingly quickly.

I'm very pleased with the results.

This seems to be the best track...stop your loss with propecia and give it a year to work...then (or earlier of course) supplement it with minoxidil in order to regrow and fill in. For $10-15/mo the rogaine is a great deal. I also use T-Gel and Nizoral but shampoo only every other day. I think that is vital to let your hair regroove.

Unfortunately my friend decided to stop his minoxidil and has slid into near baldness. I can't understand why and didn't push it in asking, but it's too bad because it was his progress that got me into regrowing my hair.

Start early, don't look for results too early and stick with it. I wish everyone the best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.