xandrox or minoxidil ?

ryanfrank

Reaction score
Been taking the propecia for almost 8 months, still not much of a stabilisation of hairloss. My hair is noticeably thinner than when I started.
However, I'm not giving up, I'm going to ride it out until the 12-month mark, and I'm thinking about starting minoxidil or xandrox.

My scalp still gets oily and sebum smelling quickly, usually after a few hours, so I'm thinking my DHT levels are naturally very high, and if I can stop the sebum DHT at the receptor sites, my chances of stablising and some regrowth are quite good.

Should I start to take minoxidil or Xandrox (as Xandrox has Azelaic acid, a topical DHT inhibitor ?).

Can I take Xandrox safely morning and night, how cheap can I buy it ?

G

ryanfrank said:
Been taking the propecia for almost 8 months, still not much of a stabilisation of hairloss. My hair is noticeably thinner than when I started.
However, I'm not giving up, I'm going to ride it out until the 12-month mark, and I'm thinking about starting minoxidil or xandrox.

My scalp still gets oily and sebum smelling quickly, usually after a few hours, so I'm thinking my DHT levels are naturally very high, and if I can stop the sebum DHT at the receptor sites, my chances of stablising and some regrowth are quite good.

Should I start to take minoxidil or Xandrox (as Xandrox has Azelaic acid, a topical DHT inhibitor ?).

Can I take Xandrox safely morning and night, how cheap can I buy it ?

What else are you using besides Minoxidil?

ryanfrank

Reaction score
Im not using minoxidil. Im just using propecia and nizoral.

Just wondering if I should use minoxidil or xandrox.

I fully understand if you are kidding me around, I know I have been procrastinating over using the stuff for a while now, but I have a naturally itchy scalp, which will just get worse, and I am afraid minoxidil will affect my heart.

BUT I MUST HAVE HAIR

G

ryanfrank said:
Im not using minoxidil. Im just using propecia and nizoral.

Just wondering if I should use minoxidil or xandrox.

I fully understand if you are kidding me around, I know I have been procrastinating over using the stuff for a while now, but I have a naturally itchy scalp, which will just get worse, and I am afraid minoxidil will affect my heart.

BUT I MUST HAVE HAIR

I would try normal 5% minoxidil. If you scalp overreacts, you can switch to on of Dr. Lee's formulas.

Re: the heart, using the recommended dosage should give you no issues at all.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
BruceLee said:
I would try normal 5% minoxidil. If you scalp overreacts, you can switch to on of Dr. Lee's formulas.
As an additional opinion on this, I would suggest the 5% minoxidil first as well, but if your scalp reacts harshly to it, I wouldn't suggest going with Xandrox. The reason being is that Xandrox is significantly stronger than standard 5% minoxidil, and your chances of scalp irritation are already higher with it than the 5%.

Go with the 5% minoxidil simply because it has the clinical data backing its effectiveness. Always opt for the treatments with the studies backing them first.

If you experience scalp irritation, consider adding some spironolactone lotion, aloe, or Folligen lotion/cream ... which will not only *help*, it will significantly reduce the irritation. Make sure you're using Nizoral shampoo once every 3 days as well. Consider moving to Xandrox only after 6-10 months and if you've tolerated the 5% well without any lotion or soothing agents.

HairLossTalk.com

G

HairlossTalk said:
BruceLee said:
As an additional opinion on this, I would suggest the 5% minoxidil first as well, but if your scalp reacts harshly to it, I wouldn't suggest going with Xandrox. The reason being is that Xandrox is significantly stronger than standard 5% minoxidil, and your chances of scalp irritation are already higher with it than the 5%.

Go with the 5% minoxidil simply because it has the clinical data backing its effectiveness. Always opt for the treatments with the studies backing them first.

If you experience scalp irritation, consider adding some spironolactone lotion, aloe, or Folligen lotion/cream ... which will not only *help*, it will significantly reduce the irritation. Make sure you're using Nizoral shampoo once every 3 days as well. Consider moving to Xandrox only after 6-10 months and if you've tolerated the 5% well without any lotion or soothing agents.

HairLossTalk.com

HairLossTalk.com-Query

I thought Dr Lees Xandrox came in 5% and 12.5% solutions? I was of course referring oto the 5%. He also has the non-ppg version, correct?

Also, I would concur on the folligen. I have been using that for years now (spray version) and believe it is effective vs. inflammation.

Thanks

ryanfrank

Reaction score
Cheers Bruce and HairLossTalk.com,

Where can I purchase the folligen spray and shampoo/conditioner, that sounds like what I will need !

Ryan

G

ryanfrank said:
Thanks Bruce, I've just found it. Will it help if you have sebborheic dermatitis ?

It does not claim to. I would give it a go and see how you respond.