Xandrox 15-Plus is gonna have to go

Reaction score
21 year old needs help.
I jumped on the Kiel bandwagon and started using Xandrox 15%plus twice a day (sometimes in conjunction with Xandrox 5% (as i'd already been on that for about 2 years). Its been around 3 months now and I can honestly say i've never seen my hair look worse. The shedding is UNREAL with no signs of regrowth whatsoever and I don't think i can carry on.

So my questions are:
which version of minoxidil (xandrox, pure minoxidil or otherwise) should I head back to?
And what kind of insane damage can I expect to see?
I experienced phenomenal regrowth in the past with xandrox 5% before but that regressed once I stopped using finasteride for a few months.

I'm currently on nizoral and 0.5 of finasteride also.

Cheers guys.

Spanishlad

Established Member
Reaction score
if i were you i would up my finasteride dose to 1mg unless you're getting sides and stick with the xandrox 15 hopefully you've just been going through a shed andall the hair you've lost will grow back thicker. just stick with your regime and keep your fingers crossed.

good luck and keep us posted

timbo

Established Member
Reaction score
RadioMopTopHead said:
(sometimes in conjunction with Xandrox 5% (as i'd already been on that for about 2 years).

The "sometimes" makes me wonder if you are being consistent with your regimen.

RadioMopTopHead said:
Its been around 3 months now and I can honestly say i've never seen my hair look worse. The shedding is UNREAL with no signs of regrowth whatsoever and I don't think i can carry on.

3 months is a completely inadequate time to judge a hairloss treatment. Don't be a fool and quit a minoxidil product after it gives you a shed.

KeepTheHair

Established Member
Reaction score
The telogen phase lasts 100 days.

If you quit now, you will be a huge fool. You have to carry on using it for at least 5-6 months. Also, using it twice a day is not a good idea, as you WILL experience major shedding. It is a very powerful treatment.

It will cause most of your hair in the telogen phase to speed up their cycle reach the end of it. Then it will fall out and restart. So your right about at the end now. Quitting now would be foolish.

Carry on and let us know what happens. Good luck man.

KeepTheHair

Established Member
Reaction score
Your scalp HURTS?

That is NOT a good thing. You should have stopped it when you first noticed these sides. Definitely not a good thing man. It is probably at least partially - but probably mostly - responsible for the hair you lost/shed.

KeepTheHair

Established Member
Reaction score
It is obviously a very severe side effect. So it is probably like I said, at least partially responsible for the shed. I think you should either apply less or perhaps try a different version of minoxidil since this clearly is not good for you.

Having scalp pain is not good at all. I could only get 2% minoxidil recently when I went into a hair loss "panic" since that is only available in my country. I bought 260 worth of it, and I have used 3 bottles in 15 days! Just because it's such a low strength. I plan on using 15% soon.

I have NOT had ANY adverse reactions. The first 2 days my scalp itched but since then it has basically not really itched at all. Scalp pains? Definitely very bad. That means it is obviously doing some DAMAGE to your skin, probably some damage to the follicles. Perhaps email Dr. Lee. Or ask some other doctor.

I plan on using 15% xandrox plus. But from all the horror shedding stories ive read I wish I actually bioght the 6% rather. I am just going to use the 15% i have sparingly. going to apply less than he says and continue on with 2% over it etc. I should last a long time like that, perhaps adjust to it.

Anyway good luck man, lemme know what you figure out and so on. I am new to all this but I know it can NOT be good to actually feel pain. How severe is it anyway?

riloal

Reaction score
I want to change to normal minox5%, because i have been using minoxidil 5% with acid azelaic and spironolactone 2% at the mornings, and spironolactone with xandrox 15% at nights. Xandrox from doctor Lee, and the others from wholesahairproducts. Since i started all the products my hair it,s thinner and the worst from the last 5 years. I know there will be another reason for my hair not being so good, but i found these products a waste of money and don,t do anything. Perhaps, when i change to minoxidil 5% and if my hair gets worse then i will find that they were doing something. But i,m not a fan of topical solutions, i think the most are inneffective, and these i used it, i think they are very expensive for doing nothing.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Had the same experience with Xandrox 15%.. I got back to Kirkland 5%.. Things are getting better.. My hair never look so worse with that frigging glue lol... I dumped it.. and got back on 5% minoxidil, cheap Kirkland on egay.

Risugo

Established Member
Reaction score
Stay on Dr. Lee's Xandrox 15 Plus, the guy is getting richer and richer,..., and your pocket is getting empty and your hair is getting worst. :)
Buy Kirkland 5% and find a suitable product to moisturize you scalp to avoid the flakes, save your money... :punk:

Reaction score
I got back to Kirkland 5%.. Things are getting better..

also good to read! I'm about to run out of 15 plus, so shall I just buy some kirkland minoxidil from ebay?? I never realised it was so darn cheap. Any reputable sellers to go to? I've always bought from Dr.Lee but I read somewhere on here that his site has been hacked...so obvvvvviously very wary!

Nene

Reaction score
Risugo said:
Stay on Dr. Lee's Xandrox 15 Plus, the guy is getting richer and richer,..., and your pocket is getting empty and your hair is getting worst. :)
Buy Kirkland 5% and find a suitable product to moisturize you scalp to avoid the flakes, save your money... :punk:

I kind of agree with this. I really suspect that Dr. Lee's products are gimmicks. Plain old minoxidil is probably just as good. Some say they don't get irritation from Dr. Lee's products but then again neither do I when I use foam...

JWM

Reaction score
Say what you will about Dr. Lee's high-strength stuff, but his shampoo and regular minoxidil are pretty darn good IMO. I believe his shampoo helps me quite a bit.

KeepTheHair

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah I agree the shampoo is awesome. makes my scalp feel a lot better

Risugo

Established Member
Reaction score
JWM said:
Say what you will about Dr. Lee's high-strength stuff, but his shampoo and regular minoxidil are pretty darn good IMO. I believe his shampoo helps me quite a bit.
This thread is about the Xandrox 15 Plus! Some of Dr. Lee's products are very good, a lot of people here uses the #500 with good results but the products with a higher concentration of minoxidil and the ones with azelaic acid...I dont consider them a scam but the results are (very) far from the one he has announced!

Nene

Reaction score
Risugo said:
JWM said:
This thread is about the Xandrox 15 Plus! Some of Dr. Lee's products are very good, a lot of people here uses the #500 with good results but the products with a higher concentration of minoxidil and the ones with azelaic acid...I dont consider them a scam but the results are (very) far from the one he has announced!

What is the difference b/w #500 and generic minoxidil? #500 has alcohol and ppg which i thought were responsible for the irritation. I thought it was the minoxidil w/o ppg he sells that was the good one?

timbo

Established Member
Reaction score
Nene said:
What is the difference b/w #500 and generic minoxidil? #500 has alcohol and ppg which i thought were responsible for the irritation. I thought it was the minoxidil w/o ppg he sells that was the good one?

Dr. Lee's product #500 uses 30% ppg, while most OTC brands use 50%.

Nene

Reaction score
timbo said:
Nene said:

Dr. Lee's product #500 uses 30% ppg, while most OTC brands use 50%.

I see. Anyone use #540?